Oreo Cookies and Cream No-Bake Cheesecake ~ An adult dessert gets some kid lov’n with an Oreo crush.
What kid doesn’t love Oreos, right? But not every kid likes cheesecake. Please tell me I am not the only one that acquired a taste for cheesecake through the years.
In fact, I think my first bite of cheesecake was at a Cheesecake Factory when I was in high school. But maybe that had more to do with my parents being very strict, old world Asians. They convinced my siblings and me that American restaurants were for Americans, along with other weird ideas like makeup was to be worn when I was 30-something and boyfriends were had after college graduation. And by that I mean after I became a doctor.
Yeah, so much for parental influence. I’ve entered Willy Wonka’s world and I never want to leave.
I love this latest creation to come out of my Wonka factory: Oreo Cookies and Cream No-Bake Cheesecake. Seriously, one of my easiest desserts ever—ten minute prep, throw it in the fridge to set, and enjoy childhood bliss with every Oreo filled cheesecake bite.
- 1 1/2 cup crushed graham cracker
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 7 tablespoon unsalted butter(melted)
- 2 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- ¾ cups Oreo Cookies, crushed
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar.
- Add melted butter and blend until combined.
- Press into pan. Set aside.
- Beat heavy cream until medium peaks form. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla powder, lemon juice to a bowl and beat with a paddle attachment until smooth (approximately 3-5 mins). If you do not have a stand mixer or a paddle attachment a hand beater will work as well, but will take twice as long to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Add cream cheese mixture to heavy cream and beat until incorporated.
- Gently fold in Oreo cookies.
- Fill chosen pan with a slight mound at the center, as the cheesecake will become slightly sunken at the center.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set or overnight for best results.
- Remove from refrigerator and smooth top to level with edges. Serve with whipping cream and garnish with mini Oreos.
A few notes:
- I made these as Mini Oreo Cookies and Cream Cheesecake, but the recipe will work just as well in a 9 inch cheesecake pan or springform.
- If you do not have vanilla powder you can omit it. I don’t recommend vanilla extract or it will end up coloring your cheesecake with a slight brownish color.
- For best results refrigerate overnight.
- Keep refrigerated up until 20 minutes before serving.
- Other no-bake cheesecakes you may like White Chocolate Tuxedo Cheesecake and SoNo's No-Bake Cheesecake.