Fourth of July Crème Filled Strawberries ~ Get patriotic with these adult easy red, white and blue dessert for your 4th of July barbeque or picnic. These vodka infused whip cream strawberries are the perfect way to enjoy a cocktail dessert!
I have been tasked with bringing fruit for 4th of July. Matt suggested I keep it easy, to quote him, “Just chop and block some fruit and throw it in a bowl”. I could, but what fun is that. Besides you all know my thing for all things pretty.
While this is not as fast as “chopping and blocking”, it comes pretty darn close.
No recipe just a few notes for this fast and easy dessert.
A few notes:
- Hull your strawberries and cut the bottom tips for a flat edge.
- Add two tablespoons of vodka to every cup of whip cream.
- Fill hulled strawberries with whip cream. I cheated and actually used Reddi Whip. Martha would be so ashamed (sorry Ms. M, I ran out of time). On the flip side Sandra Lee would embrace me.
- Toss the blueberries in an apricot sauce. Uh, cheated again- I nuked apricot preserves in the microwave.
- Top crème filled strawberries with blueberries.
- Of course for an alochol free version omit the vodka.
Love these! Easy, healthy, and patriotic, too! 🙂
A Busy Nest says
How charming! I would never have thought to stuff strawberries!
Another yummy thing to do with strawberries is to inject some Baileys (or your favorite liquor) into them with a flavor injector and then dip them in chocolate they are called Sex Berries
They look so majestic and proud!
beautiful little strawberries! a great take on the strawberry and cream combo 😀
Adorable idea! Did you use a cake decorating bag and tip to fill the strawberries? XoXo
I made these beautiful strawberries last night for our family get together and they were a huge hit gone almost before we got started. I omitted the alcohol and used peach preserves instead of apricot. I had never hulled anything before so I googled it and found a really easy tip just use a straw and you get perfect holes for filling. Montana was able to help with every step it was easy, tasty and cheap to make
How far In advance can these be made?
Or you can really cheat and buy the redi whip that already contains alcohol available at most liquor stores now. Cool idea though and sooo pretty.
How canyou use redi whip and get the vodka in it? I am drawing a blank.
Kay Lucas says
Thank you soooo much for posting this recipe – used it for a potluck at Elegance Ballroom Dance Studio OKC and won free lessons! Soooooooo yummy!
Martha Ferguson says
Please email me the recipe for July 4th dessert: creme filled strawberries