Strawberry Margarita Popsicles
Strawberry Margarita Popsicles ~ Summer entertaining doesn’t get much easier than these fun Strawberry Margarita Popsicles. Remember these Strawberry Margarita Jello Shooters from last year? Well, since I’m on a popsicle run, I had to re-style the Strawberry Margarita into a frozen treat to be served along side these beer pops for my friend’s annual Cinco de Mayo party.
Seldom do I roll anything out here on the blog without a test run, but I’m betting that based on the Corona Beer Pops, these Strawberry Margarita Pops will be just as big of a hit with my friends. Now everyone knows my love for cute food, couple that with my group of friends who love a good drink, well what you see here is the result of their latest challenge.
The challenge given to me was to serve a drink in something other than a glass or can. If you are regular reader you may have seen a few of my other creations that fit this bill like my: Chocolatini Pudding Shooters, Appletini Cupcakes, Lemon Drop Jello Shooters, Rock Candy Midori Jello Shooters.
The funny thing is, I’m not really a drinker, but what my friends know about me is I love a good challenge. So this time around it had to be so easy, that even my most “kitchen lazy” friend could re-create this without too much whining and too much fuss for her summer opening pool party that always coincides with Cinco de Mayo.
. . . This one is for you, Lee. Cheers!
A few notes:
- No recipe, just an easy entertaining idea that requires some Dixie cups, popsicles sticks and Mike’s Hard Lemonade Strawberry Margarita. As a side note, the traditional margarita made with Tequila needs a much colder temperature to freeze than the tradtional home unit allows, so that’s why something like these Mike’s Hard Lemonade is better suited for making these popsicles.
- To assemble: Pour and freeze the Strawberry Margarita for two hours then insert the popsicle sticks in the middle. Freeze for another two hours or until the Strawberry Margarita Popsicles solidify. Garnish with a lime and serve.
- Small note, do not rim with salt until serving time as the salt will melt the pops. Alternatively, you can rim the Strawberry Margarita Pops with chunky crystal sugar for an aesethetic effect without worrying about the melting factor.
- To keep popsicles chilled as long as possible, place the serving tray in the freezer and then top the tray with a layer of crushed iced.
- The popsicles sticks are from one of my favorite baking shops Sweet Lulu. Great prices, awesome customer service and super fast shipping!