This is a sponsored review from BlogHer and Kraft.
Chipotle Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Pizza ~ This is one lean mean 30 minute pizza. Low-fat and punching with flavors, this meal will pretty much become a repeat offender in your home.
Made with oven-roasted vegetables, oven-roasted chicken, and a rich tasting low-fat Chipotle Pizza Sauce, this recipe is love at first bite. This Chipotle Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Pizza is also a recipe I created in honor of the Real Women of Philadelphia contest for the entrée portion.
I’m kind of bummed that I don’t get to enter this baby, but I’m happy to say that you can whip up your own recipe featuring Philadelphia Cream Cheese for a chance to win $25,000. How’s that for some generous lov’n from Kraft? Click here to enter.
If you are like me and deathly fearful of being on camera join the community and submit your own recipes or find recipes. Once you do, I would love to hear what recipe inspired you! And don’t forget to click here to see what some of my other fellow bloggers created for Kraft’s RWOP community.
Pizza is a favorite in our house, but I don’t always have time to mess with making pizza dough from scratch. And to be honest, after working all day I don’t always have the desire to compose a dinner that requires 45 minutes of prep and cooking.
I’m all about quick weeknight dinners during the work week. To shave some prep time I used store-bought, oven-roasted chicken, and a “no mess” pizza crust, and by that, I mean just that. The crust is actually Naan bread that I placed underneath the broiler to crisp up. Thin and light is how my family loves pizza crust. Naan is a perfect alternative to making homemade crust for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. In terms of keeping this a lighter meal, I used Philadelphia’s 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese for the chipotle sauce and skipped all shredded cheese.
The longest part of the recipe prep was playing a game of “Don’t ask. Don’t tell” with Matt. If you are regular reader, you know Matt is a picky/highly sensitive eater. Texture, flavors, color all play into it, so this was something my girlfriend and I coined and then we worked out some strategic measures to get us through the suspicious glances and interrogating questions.
If you’ve been gifted with a picky eater, here are a few work-around tricks tips:
- Avoid all interrogating questions about the ingredients and definitely avoid eye contact when being asked about them.
- Mumble a lot when answering questions you can’t avoid.
- Act busy. Too busy to be bothered.
- Distract and obfuscate.
- Give a forward looking statement of “It’s all stuff you like.”
It doesn’t work all the time, and I wished it worked more but on this occasion it did go in my favor. Although, I should mention he pulled off all the cilantro.
Chipotle Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Pizza
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1½ cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ¼ Chipotle sauce plus two tablespoons for divided use
- 4 Pieces of Naan Bread
- 2 cups cubed chicken breast
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Dice yellow, red, green bell peppers and place on foil-lined baking sheet. Then add the corn. Drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place bake sheet in oven and bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes. Remove bake sheet from oven and place it underneath the broiler for 3-4 minutes to finish. Set aside to cool down.
- Place Philadelphia Cream Cheese in a bowl and add chipotle sauce and whisk to combine. Spread Philadelphia Cream Cheese Chipotle Sauce onto Naan bread and then spread a layer of roasted vegetables on top,. Scatter cilantro on top. Next layer, cubed chicken and cilantro on top.
- Lastly, drizzle remaining two tablespoons of chipotle sauce over top.