Cherry Tomato Pesto Bites ~ A sweet and savory holiday appetizer for Thanksgiving.
So now that I’m done with my side dish run for Thanksgiving, I’m going to try to cram in two fast and easy appetizers-this one and one tomorrow.
I realize that this maybe a little late, but trust me, these little guys are fast and easy and always a crowd pleaser. If you can’t fit this into your Thanksgiving appetizer menu, be sure to bookmark it for your Christmas appetizer menu.
How fast and easy is this? This is a fifteen minute fast and easy appetizer that you can even make a day in advance. Yeah, can you tell I don’t like kitchen chaos during the holidays?
A few notes:
- You can use homemade or store bought pesto. I used my Arugula and Walnut Pesto from a previous post.
- To empty out the tomatoes I used a serrated melon baller. If you don’t have one, use a grapefruit spoon or a knife.
- The tomatoes can be prepped the night before and kept in an airtight container. Make sure to empty the seeds completely and then place cut sides back together so the cut edges don’t dry out.
- Don’t forget to enter my KitchenAid Stand Mixer Giveaway if you haven’t already done so.
- As an aside, for those that were waiting on my butternut squash lasagna-that’s been placed on hold. I roasted the butternut but my husband and nephew ended up eating most of it before I was able to make the lasagna-sorry, about that!
Cherry Tomato Pesto Bites
- 1 boxes of cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup of pesto
- Wash and dry tomatoes. Cut tomatoes in horizontally and empty out the seeds; set aside. Place ricotta cheese and pesto in a bowl and mix until combined. Place mixture in a pastry bag or a Ziploc bag with a corner cut and pipe into tomatoes.