Nutter Butter Bark
Staying the course of simple and easy, I’ve got a 3 ingredient, 25 minutes, no-bake dessert that will make you a hero. This Nutter Butter Bark is full of rich and creamy goodness. Caught between the melted Reese’s peanut butter chips and dark chocolate are chunks of chopped Nutter Butter Cookie Sandwich. The Nutter Butter gives an otherwise texturally monotone, but smooth, bark some crunch.
I know, I make many proclamations about my baked goods. And you’re probably wondering what can I possibly offer in my defense for such a grandiose statement?
Well, I like to aim high. In this case, not much other than my friends telling me this is “baking hero” material. In other words, this bark created a lot of sweet satisfied smiles. And, I should clarify-a friend not friends made this statement. But do nodding heads in agreement of such a statement count for the plural use of “friends” here? Maybe.
But like I told her, that’s a sound bite. And since this is a written blog, how I wrote it, is how it shall be conveyed.
I guess you’ll just have to make this to find out on your own if this will recipe will make you a baking hero.
A few notes:
- For those of you who may not know what Nutter Butter Cookie Sandwiches are-think Oreo cookies, but Nutter Butter is made with peanut butter cookies and at the center is a peanut butter creme filling.
- You can certainly make this treat without the Nutter Butter, but I’m all about texture so I wanted something to break up the chocolate and peanut butter.
- The recipe can easily be doubled, tripled and beyond to suit your needs.
- To lessen the hands on time even more, use mini Nutter Butter cookies to bypass chopping the cookies into small pieces.
- Completely unrelated-For those waiting for the mini crepe cake I blurped about featuring . . . well, I’m sorry, I have to re-do the recipe. The frosting was a fantastic flop, but more on that later when I do feature the successful finish.
Nutter Butter Bark
Makes one 8×8 pan | Preparation line 8×8 pan with parchment or wax paper.
- 8 oz Ghiradelli 65% chocolate chips
- 8 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies, chopped to small pieces
- 10 oz Reese’s peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- 2oz melted chocolate
- Place chocolate in a heat proof bowl over (not on) simmering water and stir until melted. Pour melted chocolate into 8×8 pans, using an offset icing spatula smooth out chocolate until an even layer is achieved. Sprinkle chopped Nutter Butter on top and gently press it down into the chocolate. Place pan in refrigerator for 5 minutes for chocolate to become slightly harden.
- Place Reese’s peanut butter chips in a heat proof bowl over (not on) simmering water and stir until melted. Pour melted Reese’s peanut butter chips on top of Nutter Butter layer and, using an offset icing spatula smooth out Reese’s peanut butter until an even layer is achieved. *Optional: Scatter chocolate sprinkles on top and then drizzle melted chocolate on top. Return pan to refrigerator to chill and set for 15-20 minutes.