You love cookies, you love cheesecake— heck you love dessert, so do I! Let’s celebrate it with a mash-up of two classics: chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake. What’s not love?
Here’s a question, have you ever been caught double fisting food like a toddler in a high chair or opening wide for a bite, by wide I mean, when your jaw becomes unhinged-not attractive.
Keeping those two things in mind and having a bowl left of chocolate chip cookie dough, I decided time to get a mash-up going in a mini sort of way by using Wilton’s mini brownie pan. I have to admit I was a little worried they would be difficult to pop out or they just might crumble while being removed from the pan, but neither proved to be true.
The best part about these bars is they are super easy to make and always a hit.
A few notes:
- For the chocolate chip cookie portion, I used my favorite recipe found here. Feel free to use your favorite recipe or ready-made cookie dough to short cut the time.
- You can bypass using the brownie bite pan and just use a regular 8×8 pan and then increase the bake time to 30minutes.
- If you are using Wilton’s Brownie Bite pan, it works out much better if you prep each well manually by smearing the bake spray in each well one at a time, rather than doing a sweeping spray of the whole pan. The latter tends to leave heavy pools of bake spray here and there.
- Do not try to remove these from the pan while warm or they will crumble. Once cooled the bars will pull away slightly from the walls and make for easy removal.
- Unrelated: Bark recipe will be up tomorrow . . . I’m really excited about this one! And don’t forget to enter the LeCreuset Holiday giveaway here.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
24 mini bites (using Wilton’s Brownie Bite pan) | Preparation: Heat oven 350 degrees F. Cover each well with bake spray.
Chocolate chip cookie dough:
- Chocolate chip cookie dough recipe found here
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add cream cheese and sugar in a bowl and beat until well blended. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Press approximately ½ teaspoon of dough into each well. Add approximately ½ teaspoon of cheesecake mixture on top of bottom layer. Crumble remaining cookie dough and spread on top of cheesecake layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until inserted toothpick into the cheesecake portion comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to completely cool before removing chocolate chip cookie and cheesecake bars. Store refrigerated in an airtight container.