Mini Nutella Cheesecakes
Nutella Cheesecake ~ What happens when you throw Nutella in a cheesecake that is baked between some paper pleats? Mini Nutella Cheesecakes! It’s a double dose of goodness that pretty much should leave you at the mercy of just how quickly you can go from fork to mouth.
Let me start by saying these are extremely easy to make. If you are a Nutella fanatic like me, you’ll have no excuse not to make these mini Nutella cheesecakes.
That is unless you eat one too many spoonfuls before it goes in the batter. Which is exactly what happened when I unwisely bought just one jar of Nutella? I ended up having it with bananas and toast and it in a breakfast smoothie.
I’m pretty sure Matt threw up a little in his mouth watching me devour half a jar in one sitting before the first ray of sun peeked over the horizon.
Um, yeah, I have self control issues sometimes. But this is baking blog so let just overlook that and go to the recipe!
A few notes:
- To quickly soften cream cheese, spread block of cream cheese just slightly on a plate and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- I created a small waterbath by using a larger bake sheet to place the cupcake pan in while baking to the mini cheesecakes from cracking.
- The mini cheesecakes can be fully assembled the night before and kept tightly covered and refrigerated. Prior to serving, leave mini cheesecakes out at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Your palate your preference-finish the cheesecakes as you like. I did a chocolate pour with some caramel drizzle and ganache piping. For something less decadent finish with some whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Preparation: Line bake sheet with cupcake liner. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 20 oz cream cheese, softened
- 11/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 13oz jar of Nutella, room temperature
Chocolate Pouring Sauce:
- 2/3 cups dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 4-5 tablespoons water, warm
- Add cream cheese and sugar in a bowl and on medium speed cream until smooth. Add in eggs mix to combine. Add in heavy cream, vanilla and espresso mix to combine. Turn speed to low and add Nutella and mix to combine. Fill wells 3/4 of the way up with batter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.
- Finished cheesecakes will have a slightly sunken center.
Chocolate Pouring Sauce:
1. Place chocolate and heavy cream in a bowl over simmering water. Let chocolate and cream sit for 2-3 minutes to melt without stirring. Then slowly stir mixture to combine. Add powdered sugar and mix to combine. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing after each addition until pouring consistency is reached. Set aside and let sauce cool to warm.
Click here for the Caramael Sauce recipe
1. Pour chocolate on top of cheesecake. Finish to preference or drizzle caramel sauce and pipe chocolate ganache for decorative piped edging as in the picture