S’mores Cinnamon Roll Cake
You saw the teaser on Instagram, right? Well here‘s the S’mores Cinnamon Roll Cake in all its cavity-inducing sweetness, caloric-ifying glory and grandness. Open wide because you’ll want to make sure each bite has a balanced ratio of the cinnamon roll that’s been heavily laced with chocolate, graham cracker crumbs and a whopping piece of the puffy marshmallow topping.
Yes, I’m being over the top with my food pushing fat-kid speak.
That’s what happens when you offer your husband a slice of glory and he casually replies, “Maybe after the Regular Show” and then your little guy nods in agreement. WHAT THE WHAT??
I know it’s a recurring theme that still causes me to pause. So now you see why this post opens the way it does—someone has to pump up my dessert.
And btw, they never did try it—not a bite. “Too much sweetness” – I don’t even know what that means. What I do know and my cinnamon-y-roll-smores belly can tell you – make this. Eat alone or share. Either way it will be just as satisfying.
S'Mores Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 1 Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, 12.4 oz. can
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6oz. chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 cups marshmallows (large or mini size; more or less to preference)
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 6inch cake pan (preferrably a removeable bottom for easy removal), lightly cover with bake spray.
- Remove cinnamon roll from cannister and set aside icing. Cut each cinnamon roll slice into quarters and place in a bowl. Add in graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and set aside.
- Place chocolate, heavy cream and corn syrup in small sauce pan over low heat. Gently stir until chocolate is melted and combined. Pour chocolate mixture over quartered cinnamon roll mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer mixture to cake pan and bake at 350 degrees F for about about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to slightly cool. Pour icing on top and then layer with marshmallow.
- Return pan to oven. Turn oven setting to broil to toast marshmallows to a golden finish, about 2-4 minutes. Do this with the oven door open, so you can keep a watchful eye as the marshmallows go from golden to burnt very quickly. Remove from oven cool slightly and serve.