Let’s do cake this Monday morning, more specifically a chocolate bundt cake with sprinkles and crushed malt balls. Yeah, it’s a bit over the top with sugar, but sometimes, I like my sweets that way, This is one of them.
I love the festive bright color pop of this cake. The sprinkles make me smile, the crushed malt balls kind of beg you to pick at them before the first slice is cut and the cake itself has a dense and moist crumb that’s full of chocolate flavor.
It’s the kind cake that makes you want to pour a glass of milk or coffee and put your feet up and lounge while you eat it. Okay, so maybe that’s just me, but that’s exactly what I did last night for dinner.
To get started hit the jump here to Better Homes and Gardens Delish Dish.
Black and White Malted Bundt Cake
Yield: 12 servings
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped (2/3 cup)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4cups water
- 1 tablespoon malted milk powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup white chocolate pieces
- 1/3cup butter, cut up
- 1tablespoon light-color corn syrup
- 1/2 cup malted milk balls, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup sprinkles (optional
Coat a 10-inch tube pan that does not have a removable bottom or a fluted tube pan. Add cocoa powder. Shake and tilt pan to coat bottom, sides, and tube; tap out any excess cocoa powder.
- For the remainder of the recipe click here.
- Don't forget that I tweaked the recipe to make it a white chocolate glaze and added the sprinkles.