I’m going to tell you right off—make these! They are insanely good. Think of it as a black and white cookie but with half of it being a brownie cookie from here and the other half being the oatmeal cookie from here. From there I decided to give it a caloric pump by making it a monster cookie with added chocolate chips, Pretzel M&Ms, and chocolate covered pretzels.
I know caloric overkill, but that’s a theme here now and again—load up on the butter and sugar, then find your balance with the healthy savory recipes from around here. Yep, I have total polar opposite taste when it comes to sweet and savory.
Off the food subject, if you follow me on Instagram, than you know I shared the behind scene shot of shooting this set than shortly thereafter I checked in to deliver the newest addition of awesomeness to our family. Who by the way was probably was not so happy about me constantly bending over to style this shot, so he kicked his way out—well, at least he did 25 hours later from when he busted the water seal.
My point in telling you this . . . I had intended on reshooting on these, but life interrupted that, so these photos are as good as they get. And by the way, if you get lazy like I do when it comes to cookie making—just drop the two doughs in a jelly roll sheet and make this as dunking bars instead of cookies.
- For the instructions to the brownie cookie portion click, here.
- Once assembled, transfer the dough to the refrigerator to chill for two hours
- For the instructions to the oatmeal cookie portion click, here. (NOTE: Make sure to halve the recipe).
- Add-in 11/2 cups crushed chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups Pretzel M&Ms and 1 1/2 cups of chopped covered pretzels
- To assemble as cookies:
- Roll together 1 tablespoon of brownie dough and oatmeal dough together and place on parchment lined bakesheet. Bake at 365 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- To assemble as bars:
- Randomly drop 1 tablespoon of brownie dough and oatmeal dough onto a jelly roll pan. Press to an even 1/2 inch layer and bake at 365 degrees for 10-12 minute minutes or until oatmeal cookie portion is golden. Remove from oven and let cool in pan and then cut.