This is a sponsored review from BlogHer and La Crème.
La Crème is a new creamer designed for all of us coffee addicts. Before you start wondering if La Crème is anything like Coffee Mate, let me say-uh, not even close. La Crème puts the moo back in coffee creamers. It’s 100% dairy. And can I say yay to that, especially since I am a coffee fiend who also loves flavored coffee.
That said, I take my creamer seriously just like I take my coffee seriously. So I put the creamer to a very “scientific” head to head taste test in some plastic cups with my friends. All but one of us preferred La Crème over Coffee Mate.
Here’s what we judged it on and why La Crème came out on top:
- Color: More natural in tone and resembling the shade cream more closely.
- Texture: Thicker and creamier. It’s two steps lighter in texture than regular whipping cream.
- Taste: Richer, smoother and without the strong after taste found in Coffee Mate.
Beyond the cuppa, I will be keeping La Crème fully stocked in my fridge for my baking needs. That’s right-this creamer is my new found secret weapon for some baked goods
Case and point, take a look at that breakfast made simple and delicious with just a bit of La Crème re-tooling.
Most cinnamon French toast recipes call for half and half, milk or a cream of some sort. Well being one that loves to experiment, I switched out my usual half and half for some La Crème . You can of course use any of the flavors they offer like French Vanilla, Regular, and Hazelnut but for this recipe, since I was using an Apple Walnut Bread, I chose Vanilla Cinnamon. And wow, wow, wow, what a difference in flavor and texture.
Next up for the La Crème , I will be trying the Hazelnut flavor for some Chocolate Hazelnut Crème Brulee . . . stay tuned!
Now for the fun part. . . . La Crème is sponsoring a $100 Visa Card Giveaway. You can enter to win by leaving a comment in this post, letting me know of the listed flavors below which one you can’t wait to try:
- French Vanilla
- Cinnamon Vanilla
- This Giveaway will run from 3/1-3/31.
- No duplicate comments.
- You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post.
- Tweet about this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post. Tweet
- Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
- This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older .
4. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail
5. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
6. The Official Rules are available here.
7. To see what Blogher participant’s are saying about La Crème click here.