Triple Citrus Bars ~ Lime, lemon and orange all your favorite citrus baked into one blissful bite.
I love a good tart and tangy lemon bar, but I have a few friends who don’t like them because of their extreme nature in tartness. Well Folks, you’ll be happy to know this is a bar for everyone. It’s a great compromise for those who are less inclined toward the tart and still a delightful treat for those that fall on my side of loving anything lemon from mild to extreme tart.
You can find the recipe for these Triple Citrus Bars at CooksIllustrated.com (only for a limited time though-see notes). A bit of a pain to make but wonderfully delicious, and a pain only, only because I don’t have a good juicer so it’s always a lot of work for me to juice anything, but the rest of the recipe is a breeze.
A few notes:
1. I used graham crackers instead of animal crackers, as I did not have any animal ones on hand. If you are wondering, yes, I still added the brown sugar and did not find it too sweet.
2. I used the zest of real lemons, but the juice of Meyer lemons. I think the real lemons zest has a better bite, while the juice of the Meyer lemon has a better fruitiness than regular lemons.
3. I couldn’t fine Key or Persian limes so I just used regular ones.
4. Click here for the recipe.
5. As an aside: CooksIllustrated.com requires you to have a membership to view most of their recipes. However, featured recipes like this one are free, when they are are no longer featured they cease to be free. You really should consider getting a membership. They do a lot of recipe and product testing that will save you time and money.