Strawberry Icebox Cake ~ Easy, casual elegance comes together in just thirty minutes for this three-ingredient, no-bake cake.
Rounding out this week’s 4th of July dessert group is this simple and delicious dessert that you can throw together in less than thirty minutes. Icebox cakes are about as easy as it gets; sculpt, chill, serve and enjoy the compliments.
A few notes:
- To simplify this icebox cake further I used Cool Whip instead of making my own whipped cream.
- For the flavor I used fresh strawberries and pureed them, but any type of berry or fruit will work.
- For ease of layering, I used a pastry bag to pipe the strawberry whipped cream layer.
- This can be assembled two days in advance (up to the point prior to frosting) and kept tightly wrapped in plastic.
Strawberry Icebox Cake
Makes an 8X8-inch cake | Preparation: Line an 8×8-inch cake pan with plastic wrap overlapping all the sides by at least one inch all around.
- 6 cups (16oz. container) of Cool Whip, divided use
- 2 cups pureed strawberries (about 4-5 cups of whole strawberries)
- 12 graham crackers
- Place 4 cups of Cool Whip in a bowl and gently fold in the pureed strawberries.
- Place graham crackers on bottom of cake pan. Pipe approximately one and a half cups of strawberry/Cool Whip mixture on top. Use a spatula to smooth out the whipped cream surface. Continue layering, by alternating graham crackers and whipped cream until the cake is completed. Move the cake to the freezer and chill for at least 30mins.
- Remove the cake from freezer and cut in half. Stack the cut portions one on top of another for a tall, narrow cake. Alternately, keep the cake as originally assembled for a 8×8-inch square cake. Finish by frosting the cake with the remaining two cups of Cool Whip.
This is such a pretty cake! I want to eat some! YUM!
Maris(In Good Taste) says
Love the simplicity of this yummy cake and the fact that the oven does not need to be turned on!
This is my kind of easy dessert!
It’s so hot here so this is perfect.
The picture is deceieving! This IS simple. Its so pretty I wouldnt have thought! Perfect!
Brian @ A Thought For Food says
I’m in love! Seriously, IN LOVE with this cake. So festive and it looks magically delicious!
Lisa @ Tarte du Jour says
So simple and elegant! I can’t believe there is only 3 ingredients!
Anne Marie says
I made this and it came out beautiful and was such a hit!
lynn @ the actor's diet says
why is that so much prettier than anything i’m sure i would make?!?
Rachel @ Bakerita says
Love how simple and summer-y this is, thought I’m tempted to try it with pumpkin and gingersnaps for the fall season!