Comments

1. Sukaina says

Wow Naomi- how do you come up with such brilliant ideas?!!! This looks amazing! And I love that second picture- don’t know why you don’t like it!!

2. Jesica @ Pencil Kitchen says

I do not dare to think this is easy. second, if they’re not even layers, i dont know what is. Third, that second picture is overly-fantastic! and you’re just amazing!

3. Kelly says

Bad pictures, craziness, I think they are fabulous. And its the last picture that is my favorite. I will be making this sometime in the future and that is saying something because ice box cakes are not my thing.

4. Naomi says

I tried to make this using the refrigerated version but it didn’t set hard enough to get out of the pan the right way up in one piece (the caramel was really runny, the rest just a bit sloppy). I possibly didn’t cook the pudding for long enough?
    Anyway, it’s in the freezer now and looking like it should 🙂 Thanks for the recipe!

5. Naomi says

Hi Naomi,

Yes, you may not have cooked it long enough. You want to cook until the coating on the back of the spoon is thick enough to hold a line when drawn through.

Naomi

6. Paula says

!!

I have to try this!! I love Snickers, but, I have no words to describe this, nor will have when I have eaten it, I think.
    Thanks for sharing this great recipe!!

7. kyle suzanne says

Thanks so much for this super tasty looking cake. I can’t wait to make it.

BTW The recipe says crackers which at first glance I took to mean saltines. Once I took a closer look I realized it was graham crackers, you may want to edit that.

8. Rebekah L. says

I’m going to just go ahead and admit that I’m an idiot, and ask what you mean by cooking over water. In a bowl but not touching the water in the pan? Or in a bowl sitting in water? Should it be boiling or just on low?
    Okay, now that I feel really stupid I’ll sit back and hope for an answer.
    🙂

9. Jerri says

Wow! This looks incredible. I found you on Pinterest and I’m featuring your as my Pinterest pick at my Friday Favorites party this week!

10. Elaine says

I must be a rank amateur photographer. It looks like a great photo to me. And a great cake. I can’t wait for the opportunity to try making it!

11. laurasmess says

Oh my gosh. This cake looks AMAZING! I definitely agree with the other posters in saying that your second photo is definitely not in the hideous category… great photography, great recipe, to-die-for cake! One question: I’m an Australian and we can’t get graham crackers over here. What are they like? Oat biscuits? Plain wheat biscuits? I definitely want to try this recipe but I’m puzzled over what I can use as a substitute. Thanks Naomi!!

12. Naomi says

Laura – I’m not sure what oat biscuits are like, but graham crackers are thin-like biscuits or as I understand biscuits to be in the UK. Sorry, I don’t have experience with “biscuits” in AU. Whatever biscuit you use, you want to find one that softens with moisture but doesn’t get totally mushy.

13. Violeta H says

Hi awesome cake!!!(: so gonnna try it but just a few questions … First when you say over simmering water and not on it, could you explain more in detail please? What did you do? And for the ingredients, when I buy the cream is there a certain type? When I’m in the store what do I look for & is it in the dairy section? Thank you

14. Debra Coppernoll says

She probably means in a bowl set over a pan of water. You don’t want the water to touch the bottom of the bowl.

15. aiman says

when making the pudding, as we add the chocolate into the mixture , what if didnt melt tou? i mean how would we mix it with the mixture if it doesn’t melt?

16. LilyChocoholic says

I am 15 years old and am making this 100% by myself as we speak. This is turning out to look very delicious. I can not wait to taste the finished product. Thank you so much for the recipe.

17. Amanda says

This was the farthest thing from easy I’ve ever made however it has turned out Amazing! I had enough pudding to make extras! It took me a lot longer than 20-25mins to make the pudding. Seems to be the thicker the better!

18. CasperTas says

Can’t wait to try this looks delish!!! The Australian alternative would be digestive biscuits or wheatmeal biscuits. Not sure how it will go as I think they only make round ones as far as I know but looking forward to giving it a go!!

19. Jennifer says

Have a birthday in the office next week and everyone expects me to bring something. This would be the PERFECT item. One question though – do you think lady fingers would stand up to the pudding as opposed to grahamn crackers? The picture shown – was it of the 8×8 version or the 4×8 loaf?

20. Aviva says

You say cake can be divided to make 2- 4×8 loaf cakes. Did you mean to make cake and cut in half or use 2 loaf pans and put together twice? Your BEAUTIFUL PHOTO #2 looks like a loaf as you said but i see caramel and ganache coming down both sides of cake which leads me to believe you used 2 pans? Would like to make this Thursday for Saturday is that to early to make it? Thanks

21. Aviva says

Sorry saw where you said can be made 2 days ahead!! 🙂 Still curious about rest of my question!

22. Heather Lai says

I think she cut the 8×8 cake in half before she added the caramel and ganache.

23. Peg says

Your dessert looks like it would wow any “Snickers” fanatic (like it would have for my PRE-diabetes husband), but the recipe, as written, leaves a lot to be desired. I’m a pretty experienced cook and I KNOW, even if this cake COULD set up properly in a fridge (not likely) it would certainly last more than 2 days and far longer in a freezer.

24. Phoebe says

Hi I live in Australia and I use Graham Crackers for my stuff if it says to use it.
    If u look inside a Filipino store or even an Asian store you will find it in there.
    They’re delish!

Can’t wait to try this or at least attempt to make it lol

25. Lu says

Mine is in the freezer right now! Can’t wait to see how it turned out but I have a feeling it will be fantastic. Thank you for the recipe!

26. Maritess says

this is what I really like to do. making cakes without baking in the oven. thanks for delicious recipe.

27. Jan Page says

Hi it just means you get a pan of hot water simmering and place a bowl on top, not touching water underneath and the steam from under, melts what you put in dish. Becareful not to let the water spill into the bowl too. Hope this helps? Jan

28. Deb says

This looks amazing but you do not say what kind of crackers or what flavor of pudding. Please tell us!

29. Sabrina says

It looks amazing! I want to try and make it next week and i just wanted to ask for how long is the cake good for?
    10x!

30. Ellen says

does the final layer of caramel go on top of a layer of pudding or on top of a graham cracker layer?

31. kim says

Recipe is too confusing your speak of chocolate pudding and peanut butter pudding but the recipe only gives 1 pudding recipe. If you mean the chocolate ganache you should state that. Cannot follow difficult recipe. 🙁

32. isabel says

hi, i am in australia and have never heard of the biscuit you are speaking about but would it be okay to use an arnots granita? my only problem they only make them round how would i work with that? would i crush them to a rough crumb and sprinkle and thick layer? hope you can help me out!

33. Joanne says

Hi Kim,
    I think you missed step #2 – Split mixture in half and add chocolate to one half and whisk to combine. Add peanut butter to remaining half and whisk to combine.

This is how you get two puddings.

34. Eudocia says

I read over many comments hoping to find one that said they made it. I’m saving the recipe and if I do make it I’ll let you know for sure how it turned out for me.

35. jan gridley says

pudding took forever to thicken and then it was not thick enough, I added 2 more tablespoon of cornstarch in milk and then it got thick. you ganache could be better by adding more cream and it would also be able to be enough to drizzle on both loaves. After all if you look at a snicker bar, the coating is milk chocolate not dark chocolate.All in all we will see, mine is in the freezer.

36. Kim says

I am in the process of making this now for my husbands birthday tomorrow, and I have been trying to get the pudding to form for over 35 minutes… any idea on what could be going wrong?

37. Adrienne Powell says

Hiya – we don’t have graham crackers in the UK – I guess digestives are our nearest alternative but they are round rather than oblong; I wondered if this could be made with wafer fingers/biscuits instead or would they go soggy under the peanut butter and choccie cake mix …. I am desperate to give this a go!

38. Cherice says

What size pan should I use? Also I am kind of an armature at this sort of thing. But I am decent at following directions. Do you think I will be able to pull this off?