There is just something about brownies and chocolate cake – if I see a recipe, I haven’t tried I have to go after it. I can’t help it. This dark chocolate fudgy brownie is one of them. I saw it, I made it and I love it.
I’m all about chocolate lately, and thank goodness because during the first portion of this pregnancy I couldn’t eat it—looks like I’m making up for it now. I had so many helpings of this, that it literally was my lunch yesterday. See mommy fail for this one already and he’s can’t even protest yet.
But really when you bite into this you’ll see why I blew it—pretzel crust, dark chocolate fudgy brownie finished with a caramel and chocolate drizzle with a sprinkling of fleur de sel—just don’t blame me later for your teeth-stained chocolatey grin.
Hit the jump here for the full recipe over at Better Homes and Garden’s blog Delish Dish.
- Pretzel crust
1/2 cup all-purpose 1 cup crushed pretzels 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup all-purpose
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
7 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped 3/4 cup butter 1/4 cup water 1 cup granulated sugar 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon Unsweetened cocoa powder and/or powdered sugar
- 7 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Unsweetened cocoa powder and/or powdered sugar
- Hit the jump here for the directions. Make sure to evenly substitute the oats for crushed pretzels and follow step 1 of the instructions for baking.
To make the brownie:
- Hit the jump here for the directions.
- Melt 2-3 oz of chocolate and 10-13 caramel candy pieces; then place each in a Ziploc bag and snip off one corner. Drizzle caramel on top of cooled brownie followed by chocolate and sprinkle with flour de sell.