This is hands down my best chocolate cheesecake recipe that’s just been dressed up for a rocky road fix. It’s creamy in body and covered in melted chocolate and topped with mini marshmallows and salted almonds – it’s my favorite chocolate cheesecake to date. The cheesecake body reminds me of hot chocolate in flavor but then the marshmallows and almonds hit and its all rocky road, baby!
If you noticed last week, I posted only once. Once –very unlike me, but I was on deadline with a project and last week was crunch time. Now that I’m done with it, I’m holding my breath it’s accepted.
While I’m holding my breath, I can at least get back to a regular posting schedule. So yes, I will be back on schedule with posting 3-4 times this week. That said, enough chattering from me, I need to get baking.
See you Tuesday!
A few notes:
- This is my very best chocolate cheesecake recipe that can easily be adapted for a variety of flavors like a turtle cheesecake or S’mores and many others.
- I used a 3×6 inch pan since I like my cheesecakes tall, but a more traditional 2×8 inch pan will work just fine. If you are using a 2×8 inch pan decrease the bake time to 25-30 minutes.
- For the chocolate portion you can change out the ratio to suit your taste. I went heavy on the dark chocolate as that’s my preference.
- For the almond portion, I used Blue Diamond’s Salted Roasted Almonds for the added saltiness which gives the top sweet and salty combo
Rocky Road Cheesecake
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degree F.
- 14 Oreos, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 oz. dark chocolate
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cups sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 4oz. chocolate, melted
- ¾ cup mini marshmallow
- ½ cup Blue Diamond Salted and Roasted Almonds, coarsely chopped
To make crust:
- Crush Oreos to a fine crumb in a food processor or place Oreos in a Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to roll over and crush. Combine crushed Oreos and melted butter and mix to combine.
- Press Oreo mixture into bottom of pan. Place pan in oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
To make cheesecake:
- Place both chocolates in a heat proof bowl over simmering water and stir constantly until chocolate is melted; set aside.
- Place cream cheese and sugar in a stand mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment and cream on medium speed. Add in sour cream and beat to combine. Add in eggs and beat until combined. Turn mixer to low and gradually add in chocolate beat until combined.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over Oreo crust and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes (25-30 minutes for an 8 inch pan). Center should slightly jiggle when pan is tapped. Allow cheesecake to cool for completely. Cheesecake will slightly fall once cooled.
To finish with topping:
- Pour melted chocolate on top then sprinkle almonds and marshmallows on top of chocolate.