Memorial Day weekend is around the corner, so I’m sharing one of my favorite crowd-pleasing summer salads that also travels well.
Let’s talk flavor, because no one likes a bland salad.
In fact, this salad is anything but, it has a little bit of everything—it’s sweet and savory. The foundation of it is built on radicchio and watercress, then made sweet with peaches and cherries. To pull it all together I used Ken’s Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing, but it also works just as well with their strawberry vinaigrette. Either way you go, this salad is popping with flavor.
Now here’s the fun part, Ken’s has a extensive line of salad dressing that you can make your own delicious creations with or use their recipe index for more recipes and inspiration.
If you create your own, make sure yo enter Ken’s Salad Dressing contest by creating your dish with any of their dressing and posting it to your Instagram account with the hashtag #ByeByeBland and @kensdressing. Give @kensdressings a follow on Instagram, too! You can also enter to win starting Tuesday, May 26 directly on the @kensdressings Instagram channel! Like your favorite #byebyebland recipe photo and add a comment describing what you like best about that recipe, using the #byebyebland hashtag. The contest is open through Sunday, May 31.
Ten winners will be selected to receive one of the following:
- 1st Prize -2 winners will receive a high end bamboo salad kit and Ken’s Products.
- 2nd Prize – 3 winners will receive http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/ bamboo-21-piece-insulated-picnic- basket/1014366059 and Ken’s Products.
- 3rd Prize – 5 winners will receive Ken’s products.
- 1 radacchio head, shredded
- 1 ½ cups watercress leaves and small shoots
- 3 small peaches, sliced
- 1 ½ cups cherries, stemmed pitted
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 11/2-2 cups Ken’s Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing
In a large bowl toss and combine the first ingredients. Serve with Ken’s Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing when ready to serve.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Ken’s Salad Dressing; however all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make running this site possible.