We are having a bit of cold snap here and I love it. The green leaves are finally being coaxed into their fall time blush. And I say blush because here in Southern California we rarely see the deep saturated changes of back east. But I don’t care, a little goes a long way—I’m easy to please. And the slight change in foliage is all the trigger I need to set me deep into my mode of nesting.
With nesting are traditions that I look forward to every year. Like having ice cream while wearing a scarf and coat (rather than being hot and sweaty). If you remember last year I made this ice cream cake. This year I partnered up with Dreyer’s to create a sorbet terrine using their Outshine Fruit Bars.
To keep it seasonal, I used pomegranate and grapefruit. A perfect pairing if you ask me—I love citrus with pomegranate. And the best part of this sorbet cake—it’s a five minute recipe. I’m pretty sure you are going to love this as much as I do. I, along with my little guy, have been hitting this as dessert for last few nights before bed—better than ice cream or cake, especially since he doesn’t like those two things. But offer my little guy a popsicle and he is quiet while licking down to the stick. And this fell right in line with that, the only exception—other than the bowl and spoon— it was mess free.
- 5 Dreyer's Outshine Pomegranate Fruit Bars
- 5 Dreyer's Outshine Grapefruit Fruit Bars
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Break both the pomegranate and grapefruit bars into pieces. Press pieces into plastic lined loaf pan, stopping every once in a while to sprinkle pomegranate seeds throughout. Place in freezer until set.
- To remove, run hot water along sides of pan for 3-5 seconds. Then using the plastic wrap handles remove sorbet cake from pan. Slice and serve.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Dreyer’s Outshine Fruit Bars. However, all opinions are my own.