Want a holiday dessert and cocktail in one? Actually forget want, you need this Jello shot! It’s like a Peppermint Martini meets a Starbuck’s Peppermint Mocha. To make this boozey holiday dessert, I used both Peppermint Schnapps and Kahlua’s Peppermint Mocha, along with some grated Andes Peppermint candy, for added flavor, a little texture and a bit of aesthetic appeal.
You know it and I know it-I’m a bit crazy for Peppermint this holiday season. But guess who came up with this holiday Jello shot idea? Matt, Mr. Non-foodie himself, I was shocked-still am. It isn’t that he’s not capable of being creative, but creative and food are two words that do not go in the same sentence when it comes to his palate.
There you have it Bakers Royale’s first collaborative recipe from husband and wife. We love it and hope you will too.
A few notes:
- For the gelatin I used Knorr. For the peppermint creamer portion, I used Coffee Mate’s Peppermint Mocha.
- If you can’t find Kahlua’s Peppermint Mocha (seasonal), I would recommend replacing that portion with Godiva’s White Chocolate instead of using all Peppermint Schnapps, as the Jello shots will be too peppermint-y otherwise.
- The molds I used to make the Jello shots are Wilton’s Brownie Bite pan and a mini Bundt candy mold from Bake it Pretty.
- Alternately, you can skip the mold(s) and use an 8×8 pan. Once chilled use a slightly grease knife and cut into squares.
- Total aside – Wouldn’t that shot above look so much better with a red striped liner rather than gold? Ah well, I didn’t have any red ones on hand.
Peppermint Mocha Jello Shots
Makes approximately 18 oz. | Preparation: Lightly spray mold with bake spray then gently wipe it down with a paper towel (a little non-stick spray goes a long way when it comes to Jello shots).
- 3 gelatin envelopes
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup of Peppermint creamer
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ Kahlua’s Peppermint Mocha
- ¼ Peppermint Schnapps
- 8-10 Peppermint Andes, grated
- Place ½ cup of water in a small saucepan and sprinkle gelatin on top. Let gelatin soften and bloom in water for two minutes.
- Once the gelatin has bloomed, place saucepan over low heat and stir until gelatin has completely dissolved, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add Peppermint creamer and sweetened condensed milk into gelatin mixture; stir to combine. Add in Kahlua’s Peppermint Mocha and Peppermint Schnapps; stir to combine. Add in grated Peppermint Andes; stir to combine. Pour mixture into mold and chill for at least 45-60 minutes.
- To remove Jello shots firmly press finger in the center until Jello shot pulls away from the side walls of mold. Then use an offset icing spatula, gently guide Jello shot out of mold. Place shots on a plate or in mini cupcake liners to serve.