You know Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays, so it should be no surprise I’m back with more Halloween goodies.
For today’s post, I’ve partnered up with Fanta and OREO to share these fun Oreo Truffle Bats as part of their Spooky Snack Lab Halloween campaign.
This recipe is unbelievable easy to a make a so much fun to do with kids. In fact if you are holding a Halloween party, set up a table assembly-line style with a bowl of: (1) Oreo truffle so they can scoop and roll, (2) a bowl of warm chocolate for dipping (3) sanding sugar for sprinkling (4)and then leave the edible colored pens out for the kids to pick and color their bat’s eyes. See—easy! For even more Halloween inspiration click here. To keep your beverage station interactive, serve Orange and Grape Fanta with some fun Halloween themed straws and some construction paper and scissors near, so each guest can cut out bats, ghosts or any other ghoul-like Halloween fun and slide it down on their straw. This is a great way for your guests to mark their drinks
Now it’s your turn to get crafty and win a $500 gift card for it!
Whaaaat? Yup, here’s how to enter the Fanta and OREO Spooky Snack Lab Contest:
- Create a custom Pinterest Pinboard with Halloween recipes, lifestyle and entertainment tips and tricks.
- Pin at least one image from this post. And hey, you may want to pin this as well—warning: cuteness alert on overdrive with the featured desserts in the video.
- Hashtag your pins with #Fanta #Oreo #SpookySnackLab
- Come back here and leave the link to your Pinboard.
- Contest ends 12:00am PST on 11/1/2015.
Oreo Truffle Bats
Yield: Makes 20 Bats
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 2 cups black sanding sugar
- royal icing eyes
Remove and discard the filling from 5 OREO cookies; break each cookie in half. Set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
In a large bowl, combine and mix together cream cheese and 3 cups crumbed Oreos. Scoop and shape mixture into 20 2-inch balls. Dip corner of halved cookie in melted chocolate and insert into side of truffle. Press truffle around inserted wing to secure it in place. Dip assembled truffle bat in melted chocolate and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Press eyes into truffle and sprinkle with black sanding sugar. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
This is sponsored conversation with Fanta and Oreo. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make running this site possible.