As many of you know, I’m a coffee fanatic. With that I can be quite a coffee snob. I’m not much of coffee-for-fuel drinker other than for a morning jump start. But jump start or not, that cup along with the other 3-4 cups I drink a day are for the taste (of course the pregnancy has curbed my habit to one-a-day).
***This giveaway is now closed. The winner is D. McDowell. Congratulations! (This winner has been validated and contacted.)***
And let me tell you, that one cup a day–I’m making it count. Enter the Nespresso.
So you may have the Keurig, but I’m going to tell you straight out the Nespresso brews a better cup by a long shot. I can attest to that because I use to have a Keurig. I gave it away because the coffee was always too weak and just didn’t taste great, so I went back to my French press.
That is until now. The key to these automated machines making a great cup, besides the superior pump system that pushing water through the grounds at a higher pressure to extract more flavor, are the pods. The Nespresso coffee pods are so much more superior to anything that Keurig offers. Again, I can attest to that having ordered many different kinds to find a good one (to no avail).
A few more key features I love about the Nespresso Pixie:
- The Nespresso Pixie brews the perfect cup of coffee in 25-30 seconds, that’s half the time of the Keurig.
- It automatically turns off in 9 minutes and can fire back up to brew in less than a minute.
- The Nespresso Pixie is half the size of the Keurig, so yay! to more ounter space.
- I know this is subjective, but the design of Nespresso Pixie is so much more sleek.
- And best of all, see the crema in the picture above – that’s a sign of machine with some heavy duty bars of pressure – something the Keurig totally lacks. Those bars of pressure is what you need to make espresso drinks like lattes and cappuccinos.
**Official Rule: The giveaway is only open to U.S. residents with a U.S. address. Be sure a valid email address is included with your entry. Winner will be chosen randomly and announced on this post. The winner will be emailed and if the winner does not respond in 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen.