This post has been sponsored by Frito-Lay. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I went crazy with the nachos/frachos take and decided to mash up the two for this Fully Loaded Doritos® Blaze® Nacho recipe. I couldn’t decide which way to go—straight up nachos or French fry nacho. I mean indecision is the mother of all invention, right?
No—I know—that’s not how the saying goes, but it is in this instance. And it’s the most wonderful kind of nacho.
The kind of nachos that will make you an NBA Finals hero. At least that’s what I’m betting on. For as long as my little guys have been able to sit and watch a game, Matt and I have been doing Game Day Eats battle where we pick a theme, create a recipe and they choose a winner.
What started out as something simple and fun has turned into a toe-to-toe match up with serious strategizing, trash talking, and punishment for the loser. It’s a serious affair in our house.
This week’s theme: Nachos.
Naturally, I went with something that could crossover as a meal too, because–I know my audience—my boys would never turn down nachos for dinner. That being said, between the layers of Doritos® Blaze® chips and waffle cut fries are: chopped grilled chicken, hot queso dip, avocado, radishes, cilantro, green onions and dustings of Cojita cheese.
The way I see it, nearly all the basic food groups are represented so this is a legit dinner. And if all goes as planned it will also be week’s winner of Game Day Eats.
A few notes:
- This recipe is highly adaptable and flexible, so sub and swap out the toppings to your preference, but make sure to keep theDoritos® Blaze® tortilla chips for that fiery heat and built-in flavor building and the waffle cut for added starch and structure.
- Serve this with a side of sour cream if you aren’t certain of everyone’s heat tolerance. It will help to temper the heat much better than a glass of water or soda.
Fully Loaded Doritos Blaze® Nachos
Yield: Serves 8 - 10
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 packages 9.75 oz.Doritos® Blaze® Flavored Tortilla Chips
- 1 lb. waffle cut fries, cooked according to package
- 2 lbs. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 oz. Frito Lay Salsa Con Queso dip
- 1lb. chopped grilled chicken
- 2 avocados, diced
- ¼ cup radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup crumbled Cojita cheese
- ¼ cup pickled banana peppers
Heat oven to 350°. Coat 1 large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place half the tortilla chips and waffle fries onto prepared baking sheet and top with half of the Monterey Jack cheese, drizzle on half of the queso dip, and top with half of the chopped grilled chicken and avocados. Repeat layers with chips, waffle fries, cheese, queso dip, grilled chicken and avocado.
Transfer to oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle radishes, cilantro, scallions, Cojita and banana peppers.