These Creamy Peanut Butter Cookies are everything according to my boys!
In fact this recipe is a repeat offender in my home—definitely a top five request. They love the combination of the creamy filling alongside the soft and chewy cookie.
That’s it. I’m keeping it short and I’m leaving you with a few notes because—yay, to Friday!
A few notes:
- Although easy to make, these do take some time as they bake best one sheet at a time and need to be completely cooled before filling.
- Use creamy peanut butter not chunky.
- Follow the directions and let the cookies cool on the pan. Don’t skip this part or your cookies will become concave.
- The original recipe calls for the dough to be rolled between your hands to form a ball, but it’s just much easier to squeeze dollops of dough through a pastry bag.
- Filled cookies can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator of up to 3 days.
- Cookies can be kept unfilled in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.