**This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Blake’s All Natural.
Chicken Pot Pie with garden vegetables and a flaky crust! This is all you need for a fast and easy weeknight dinner.
It’s the kind of dinner that lessens your time in the kitchen to give you more time doing what you love. In my case, it usually involves my kids. Summer is around the corner, so I’m stock piling easy wholesome dinner solutions from Blake’s All Natural Foods as we find ourselves spending more time outdoors.
Unlike most frozen meals, Blake’s meals are made with real ingredients and made from scratch in small batches. I love it when a company can help with my weeknight dinner solutions and make me feel great about what I’m serving my kids.
I love it even more because that means we have more time to indulge in all their summer wilding. As of lately it usually involves all of us picking a super hero character as we work together to save the universe.
I mean what could be more important than that?
A few notes before you get started:
- Blake’s All Natural Foods can be found in most grocery stores, including Whole Foods, Sprouts, Publix, Meijer, Walmart, and Target to name a few. Check out their store locator to find a store near you: http://www.blakesallnatural.com/where-to-buy
- To make the pot pie in your own bowl (make it look like you whipped up a meal from scratch yourself!), remove the box and overwrap. Peel away the-oven-safe bowl. Lift the crust and set aside to place frozen pie into your chosen bowl. Place pie crust on top. The pie crust becomes pliable as it warms and will settle on to the soup as it bakes.
- To achieve a deep golden crust, quickly brush an egg wash on top. (To make an egg wash: Beat 1 whole egg with 1 tablespoon of water.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups water cress
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced apples, about 1 apple
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery, about 2 to 3 stalks
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
To make the dressing combine all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
To make salad combine all ingredients then drizzle dressing on top.