It’s Christmas time and as many of you regular readers know, I’m a huge peppermint fan. So per my pattern of obsessive behavior, here’s another: Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake.
I tend to think everyone needs a few easy and elegant dessert options, especially now in the thick of holiday crazy. And no, I’m not complaining. I love all the holiday madness. It comes once a year and I look forward to it starting in September.
My only fail so far this season has been when the little guy came to my room and asked me, “Ready for our hot chocolate and Christmas movie, Mom?” Well, my answer of “tomorrow” turned into three days later. Awesome mom fail #200-and-something.
Thankfully, I’ve made it up to him by now and we’ve been enjoying holiday tradition ever since. Although, I usually throw dessert in with mine–and why not? I’m pregnant, so eating for two is in full force (okay, so I don’t really need that excuse other than to justify my extra helping).
Hit the jump here to Better Homes and Garden for my tips and trick to making this recipe.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped (2/3 cup)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon malted milk powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/3 cup butter, cut up
- 1 tablespoon light-color corn syrup
- 1/2 cup of peppermint candy, coarsely chopped or crushed