Alright, time to look ahead start planning for the New Year’s Eve bash. I know, Christmas has yet to come, but you know how things go around here.
To get you geared up, I’ve made you a Kahlúa Cheesecake.
I figure you may be near baking fatigue, but you have to knock out one more for the year-end bash. With that, I kept it pretty fuss-free. The cheesecake itself is simple to make and the chocolate pour gives it a touch of elegance. The meringue is a must, it gives the whole ensemble a textural contrast along with some added flavor. And you can’t skip the gold sprinkles, I think it gives the whole cheesecake a subtle dressed up appearance to make it holiday worthy.
When you serve this don’t forget to have a White Russian with it. Because Kahlúa desserts pair well with Kahlúa cocktails – yep, for realz.
Chocolate Covered Kahlúa Cheesecake
Yield: Serves 8-10
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs or 10 to 12 whole graham crackers*
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Kahlúa
- 2 tablespoons strong instant coffee granules (I used Starbucks Via)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla bean paste
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips (10 oz.)
- 8-10 meringue cookies
- 2 tablespoon gold sprinkles
To make crust:
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place butter in a small saucepan and melt. Add graham crackers to a food processor bowl and pulse until to a coarse crumb. Add crumbs to butter and mix to combine.
- Press mixture into a 9 springform pan. Bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make filling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese and sugar into a stand mixer bowl and beat until blended. Add in flour beat until just combined. In a separate bowl combine together Kahlúa and instant coffee granules and stir until coffee dissolves. Add to cream cheese mixture. Beat in vanilla bean paste until combined. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, making sure it is fully combined before the next addition.
- Pour filling over crust. Place cheesecake on rimmed baking sheet. Bake until top is brown, puffed and slightly cracked at edges, and center slightly jiggles when pan is tapped, about 60 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer cheesecake to a wire rack. Cool 15 minutes while preparing topping (top of cheesecake will fall slightly).
To make topping:
- Melt chocolate and pour on top of cheesecake. Crush two – three meringue cookies and sprinkle on top along with gold sprinkles. Place remaining meringue cookies on top.
White Russian Cocktail
Makes 1 serving
- 1 part Kahlúa
- 2 parts Absolut Vodka
- 1 part Heavy Cream
Fill a rocks glass with ice. With the help of Absolut Vodka, a kick of Kahlúa, float thick cream on top to create the iconic classic. Swirl with a straw to mix up a perfect storm.
Disclosure: This post is part in partnership with Kahlua.All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that continue to make Bakers Royale possible.