You know what it’s like the day after Thanksgiving—sluggish from the previous night’s feast. And especially if you did the lion’s share of the cooking, tired from bustling between food prep, hosting and maybe cleaning.
So here to help you with the day-after breakfast meal is an easy, make-ahead scone.
This is the kind of scone you can make the night before and serve the next day. Sure, it’s not as crumble-y, but the trade-off is a more moist scone that is almost cake-like in texture. The Bisquick keeps it soft and tender. And beyond that, it’s full of flavor and bursting with blueberry brightness.
Now that you are one recipe further with options for staying ahead this holiday season, don’t forget to #GetYourBettyOn and check out the links below to see other ideas and recipes that will also keep you ahead of schedule.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Additional whipping (heavy) cream
- Additional sugar
- Heat oven to 425°F. Cover bake sheet with baking spray. Combine and stir Bisquick mix, chocolate chips, 1/3 cup whipping cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, the egg and vanilla in medium bowl until soft dough forms.
- Pat into 8-inch circle on cookie sheet (if dough is sticky, dip fingers in Bisquick mix). Brush circle with additional whipping cream; sprinkle with additional sugar. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate.
Original recipe found here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.