That’s a banana split trifle skinny-style made easy with Cool Whip, strawberries, bananas, chocolate fudge, sprinkles and marschino cherries.
Of course after I made this I was told that a banana split does not contain strawberries, well if we are going to get nit-picky, a classic banana split also does not contain Cool Whip; rather its main body as we all know is vanilla ice cream.
But this is skinny style – and I took a few liberties.
Along with that I had to keep the dessert simple, since this weekend was all about moving into the new place and settling my kitchen and photography space. I’m not going to complain about how utterly awful it is to move – I’m sure we all have stories about that, right?
But you know what sucks, I’m naturally clumsy, under stress I’m like an elephant learning how to ride a bicycle. And because I share way too much you guys, I figure why stop now.
This weekend’s moving casualties: Friday I took one to the face when I opened the car door on my forehead. I have a nice big gash with dried blood in the deep valley of the cut to show for it. Saturday I was hosing down the glass pieces of the fridge and one exploded, yes exploded, while I was washing it – evidently, extreme heat and cold don’t mix well. (If you follow me on Twitter than you saw the photograph of it). Sunday I managed to throw my keys in a public dumpster. Yep, threw away my trash and keys all in one swoop. So there I was, muttering under my breathe while dumpster diving with my son confused and clutching his puppy, looking up and asking me why I would do that.
And that my friends was my sweet weekend of moving. Hallelujah, it’s over. Here’s to the start of a better week.
- 2 whole bananas, large size
- 6-8 strawberries, medium size
- 2 1/2 cups Cool Whip
- 1/4 chocolate fudge sauce
- 1 tablespoon nonpareil
- Marschino Cherries (for garnishing)
- Slice strawberries and bananas.
- Fill two pastry bags fitted with a number 5 round tip. Fill one bag with Cool Whip and the other bag with chocolate fudge sauce.
- Place a small layer of strawberries at the bottom serving glass. Pipe Cool Whip on top, then layer with banana slices on Cool Whip, next pipe hot fudge sauce on top banana slices.
- Repeat step one until servings glasses are filled.