I don’t know what it is about Fall, but it’s essentially bread making season for me. I’m the first to admit I’m not the most patient person, but when it comes to bread making, I love the process.
Granted that love comes with actually understanding the principles of bread making. The very first bread book I ever bought was Peter Reinhart’s The Bread Baker’s Apprentice. And to this day, it’s still one I refer to. With that, I wanted to share this Artisan Bread-Making class he heads up at Craftsy. The class will introduce you to bread-making techniques that go beyond the recipes. He covers the 12 stages of bread making, the trade secrets for measuring, mixing, proofing and baking six different types of bread, including supple French bread, rich marble rye and a sweet chocolate babka. You’ll also learn to balance time, temperature and ingredients to create delicious, fresh breads in your own kitchen.
So why an online class? Here’s why these Craftsy classes:
- It’s way cheaper, like $39.99 cheap—that is a bargain!
- Stuck on a certain step—no worries—you have the ability to watch what you over and over again.
- Can’t remember a certain step—instant replay is a few taps away.
- At Craftsy there’s a community of people with all varying skill levels to answer questions and share tips for success.
- My favorite part is being able to watch these on-line classes at my pace.
Now for the fun part, Craftsy is giving away this class to one lucky winner. Click here and enter for your chance to win. For the rest us, I can’t recommend this class to you enough – and at $39.99 you really have no excuse. Just think how quickly $39.99 can easily be recuperated with just a few loaves.