Sweet Cream Corn ~ A traditional Thanksgiving side dish gets simplified.
This is the last of my traditional Thanksgiving side dish posts. Now, if you have never had homemade cream corn, let me tell you it’s nothing, nothing, like the horrible can stuff. I love this homemade cream corn because it has that sweet and salty combination and added to that is some parmesan cheese to give it an extra layer of flavor.
I’m keeping this post and the next two short because I know everyone is crazy busy with the holidays.
A few notes:
- You can use fresh or frozen corn. I used frozen because it was easier.
- For a lighter version you can switch out the cream for whole milk.
- This can be made three days in advance.
- If you haven’t already, don’t forget to enter in my KitchenAid Stand Mixer Giveaway. Enter here: http://bit.ly/algrla
Sweet Cream Corn
Serves 8-10 people
- Combine corn, cream, salt, sugar and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk the milk and flour together and stir into the corn mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture is thickened and corn is cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted. Serve hot.
Adapted from All Recipes