Roasted Summer Vegetables ~ Keeping summer vegetables simple with a quick roast of squash and zucchini for a fast and healthy weekday side dish.
I know I’m not alone in this, but hot summer days make me lazy, traffic makes me cranky and complicated dinners on weekdays make me crazy. Given all that, I try to keep things simple Monday through Friday.
My favorite weekday meal: Grilled Chicken with Roasted Vegetables.
I love it even more because Matt does all the grilling and he is a master at it, while I have the one simple task of doing the vegetables.
Sorry no pics of the chicken, his philosophy, respect the food first. That means food is eaten while hot and not after I have spent 30 minutes toiling around with the composition and lighting. Yeah, I know-I’m slow, but I’m also a novice with this photography thing.
Staying mindful of the theme for simplicity in this post I am keeping this one short.
A few notes:
1. I like my vegetables crisp, but you prefer a softer texture cook them for 5-7 minutes longer than the instructions call for.
2. You can skip the casserole dish assembly all together and just place the slice vegetables onto a bake sheet lined with foil.
Roasted Summer Vegetables
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3 zucchini
- 3 yellow squash
- 1 ½ tablespoon kosher salt½ black pepper
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Peel vegetables and slice into ¼ inch thick slices.
2. Assemble vegetables to your preferred dish and drizzle olive oil on top. Finish preparation with kosher salt and black pepper
3. Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.