Coffee Break with a Giveaway!!!
Say no Frankensteined-coffee! Buy Green Mountain’s Fair Trade Certified Coffee.
Am I pitching for this company? Yep, and with good reason. The taste goes without saying is awesome. My personal favorite: Donut Shop. But for a coffee addict like me taste is necessity, so I was relieved and happy to know that behind a great tasting coffee is a community driven company.
Green Mountain Coffee has been supporting Fair Trade for over a decade. They purchase directly from the growers. The idea is to promote and support healthier working conditions. And most importantly Fair Trade Certified bans the use of genetically modified organisms (GMO).
That means tasting good and doing good for your community go hand-in-hand with Green Mountain Coffee.
I know there a lot of initiatives for going green, but small confession . . . I just can’t get behind all of them. Say plastic wrap, I use that like sunblock on a baby. I slather layers and layers of plastic wrap on food all the time.
Same goes for coffee.
But to lessen the burden of this addiction on the environment I’m happy that my new supplier is a pioneer in the Fair Trade movement and has the largest selection of Fair Trade Certified™ coffees in the U.S.
I have to admit up until a few weeks ago, I never really knew what Fair Trade meant- Gasp! Shame on me, right? So as my good deed to those not in the know, here are a few quick facts what Fair Trade means:
- Say no to slave labor: Fair trade allows guaranteed pricing for coffee farmers and local growers. Say no to slave labor.
- Say yes to being green friendly: The environmental impact of Fair Trade means protecting water resources, restricted use of pesticides and fertilizers, and banned use of genetically modified organisms (GMO).
- Say hoo-ray to not being price gauged: Green Mountain’s Coffee Fair Trade products cost the same as non-certified products.
For more information about Green Mountain’s Fair Trade certification and to receive free samples visit Green Mountain’s Facebook Page.
Now here is a goodie for you:
Enter for your chance to win a Keurig Coffee machine as well as a supply of Green Mountain Coffee K-Cups! (Don’t forget to increase your chance of winning by reading these other Bloggers thought’s on Green Mountain’s Coffee Fair Trade prodcuts are and entering on their blog).
Giveway will run September 8– 24th.
No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a) Let me know what your favorite type of coffee is (mine is French Roast!).
b) Tweet about this promotion : I want to win a Green Mountain Coffee K-Cup pack and #Keurig Coffee Machine http://su.pr/1kYAJU from @bakersroyale
c) Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on
d) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about
an alternate form of entry.
- This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older.
- Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail.
- You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
- The Official Rules are available here.