Skillet Turkey Tetrazzini
It’s 6:00 p.m. on a weeknight and I’m in heels, my work clothes and trying to wrestle a few pans out of our overstuffed cabinets. It’s a noisy match. Heavy bottom pans falling on one another isn’t the most pleasant sound and for my highly sensitive boys I might as well be banging steel drums next their ears.
I have to admit weeknight cooking is not my best excerise in culinary executions-embarrassing, but true. Frenetic. Rushed. Hurried. This is how dinner gets dressed in our home on a weeknight.
That said, I welcomed the opportunity to participate in Hellmann’s® (also known as Best Foods® West of the Rockies) mission to help moms re-think main dish meals and leftovers by offering easy, delicious recipes that are great for the busy holiday season or anytime.
The first recipe I tried is this Skillet Turkey Tetrazzini- kinda a perfect one since leftover Thanksgiving turkey will be entering our home soon. I started by sauteing the onions in large chunks and then scooped them out once all the flavor was sweated out, since Matt has a huge aversion to onions in his food. To shortcut the hands-on time, I used pre-washed and pre-cut mushrooms, leftover turkey, and Best Foods® Mayonnaise to shorten the sauce time to a creamy goodness. In the time it took me to make the pasta, I also finished the sauce. The best part was I only used two pans, so clean up was a breeze.
I may not always embrace the idea of cooking after a long work day, but I love the satisfaction of making a home cooked meal my family can enjoy. You’ll love this simple and easy-to-assemble recipe that you can even make in your work clothes and heels.
For more information on the recipe contest or Hellmann’s® products and recipes, visit Hellmanns.com
Let me know what your go-to leftover turkey dish is in the comment section, and you can be eligible for a chance to win a $100 cooking.com gift card, provided by Hellmann’s® and BlogHer .
No duplicate comments.
1. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment telling me what your go-to leftover Turkey dish is in the comment section.
- Tweet about this promotion, adding either @hellmanns or @bestfoods at the end, and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
2. This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older.
3. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail.
4. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
5. The Official Rules are available here.
In addition to the giveaway on this blog, you can cast your vote at Hellmanns.com for your favorite recipe and enter their sweepstakes for a chance to win one of four $250 grocery gift cards each week. If there are more than 10,000 entries, the prize value doubles to a $500 grocery gift card!*
*No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. The Hellmann’s Turkey Challenge is sponsored by Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 & older. Begins 12:00 a.m. ET on 9/12/11 & ends 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/5/11. For official rules, visit Hellmanns.com.
For more opportunities to win, visit the Hellmann’s Round-up page on BlogHer.com to read other bloggers’ reviews!