What’s better than a chewy brownie? A popable chewy brownie bite stuffed with a Rolo then drizzled with chocolate and caramel. This is rich, really rich-a calorie pig.
Let’s just all be thankful Fall is here and we can pile on the clothes with the pounds to stay warm. I’m a firm believer that a little extra padding never hurt anyone. Like I tell Matt, love the pudge—it’s where all happiness radiates from.
If you haven’t guessed, I like sugar—ALOT. Next to sugar, is chocolate, then butter. Combine the three and mix it into my favorite form and you’ll find a brownie. And that is pretty much why you see so many brownie recipes here.
I hope you enjoy this brownie-meets-candy mash-up as much as we did in my home! Happy Monday to the start of another awesome week.
A few notes:
- I used Wilton’s Brownie Bites Pan to make these. If you don’t have one, a mini cupcake pan will work just as well. If you have neither use an 8-inch pan.
- To stripe the tops like the picture I used caramel sauce.
- For the brownie base, I used Alton Brown’s Brownie recipe. Yes, can you believe it-I deviated from my stand-by brownie recipe from Alice Medrich.
Rolo Brownie Bites
Makes about 48 brownie bites | Preparation Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Butter wells or 8-inch square pan.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar, sifted
- 1 cup brown sugar, sifted
- 8 ounces melted butter
- 11/4 cups cocoa, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 1.7oz Rolo pack of candy
- 1/3 cups dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
To make the brownies:
- Place egg in a stand mixer bowl, fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow. Add both sugars mix to combine. Add remaining ingredients, and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into brownie bite pan or into mini cupcake pan and place a Rolo in the center and bake for 15 minutes. If you are using an 8-inch square pan place Rolos on top of and press into brownie mixture and bake for 45 minutes. Check for doneness with the toothpick method: a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. If using brownie bite pan or mini cupcake pan, cool for 5 minutes then remove brownies. If using an 8-inch pan, let cool before slicing.
To make chocolate covering:
- Place chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl over (not on) simmering water. Gently stir until melted.
- Pour 1 tablespoon over tops of brownie bites or alternately dip tops of brownie in chocolate. Drizzle caramel sauce on top.