Pumpkin Swirl Brownie Bites ~ Forget portion control when it comes to these brownie bites. These chocolaty brownies with the pumpkin cream cheese swirl will have you popping one after another.
Fall is here and I’m pumpkin crazy. This year, I don’t know if it’s made worse by the fact that I have a blog and want to share and chronicle all my pumpkin recipes or it’s the shortage that has me rushing to make as many things as I can.
Either way or either excuse, I’m happy to say I got the last three cans of pumpkin puree on the shelf. That means next up is Pumpkin Pie Bars with my secret ingredient. But don’t worry, I promise to sprinkle a few other recipes in before I hit those.
A few notes:
- I used pastry bags to dispense the brownie mix and pumpkin mix to minimize the mess and for ease. If you don’t have pastry bags, use a Ziploc or a spoon.
- For an alternative to the swirl topping, try drizzling top with caramel or butterscotch sauce once the brownie bites are done baking or sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of the pumpkin layer prior to baking.
- Keep Pumpkin Swirl Brownie Bites covered and refrigerated to maintain freshness for up to 3-5 days.
Pumpkin Swirl Brownie Bites
Yields 48 mini bites
Prep: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cover both mini muffins pans with bake spray.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
Pumpkin Mix Portion:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/2vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spices
- 1/4 teaspooon salgt
- 1/3 cup of sugar, plus two tablespoon
- 2 tablespoon flour
- Place butter and chocolate in a double boiler or a bowl over simmering water. Stir frequently until mixture is melted.
- Remove chocolate mixture from heat and stir in sugar, vanilla and salt. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring until each is incorporated before adding the next.
- Stir in flour and beat with a wooden spoon until mixture is glossy about 1 minute.
Brownies Adapted from Alice Medrich
Pumpkin Mix Portion:
- Combine all ingredients and beat until blended.
- Fill mini muffin pans 2/3 of the way up with brownie mix. Reserve 1/3 cup of brownie and set aside. Next gently pour a spoonful of pumpkin mix on top. Place small dots of reserved brownie on top of pumpkin mix then using a skewer or a toothpick, lightly swirl brownie dot into pumpkin mix.
- Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes. Start checking for doness at 10 minutes by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean the brownies are ready.
- Allow Pumpkin Swirl Brownie Bites to cool in pan for five minutes on a cooling rack before removing.