Pumpkin Pie Streusel Bars ~ Like a favorite scarf or a cozy hat, this is a comfort dessert for Fall that returns year after year in my home.
This is a simple treat that my family loves and I love to make. These Pumpkin Pie Streusel Bars are extremely easy to whip up and delicious for days. Layered with a shortbread like bottom and a warm velvety pumpkin cheesecake center, the bars are finished with a crisp praline topping made of toasted pecans, oats, butterscotch and brown sugar.
Matt will tell you I threw the oats in so I could justify having it for breakfast, but I don’t ever need an excuse to have dessert for breakfast—especially one like this.
That said, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do.
Pumpkin Pie Streusel Bars
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9 pan with parchment paper (let parchment hang 1 1/2 inch over each side).
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 11/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 can 15oz pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 ground allspice
- pinch of cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a bowl mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar; cut butter into mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and pecans. Remove 3/4 cup of mixture and add in butterscotch chips. Set aside and reserve for topping. Press remaining mixture into bottom of parchment lined pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and pumpkin; add remaining sugar, cinnamon, ginger, all spice, cloves and vanilla and mix until well blended. Pour over crust and bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle reserved oat crumb mixture and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before storing. Cut into 2×2 squares and serve.