If do a lot of holiday entertaining than you know, the oven is prime real estate.
That said you are going to love these no-bake, easy-to-make Peppermint Tiramisu Trifle.
Yep, you can even make this two days in advance and take dessert off the list for things to make the day off.
I’m all about easy entertaining, so planning make-ahead dishes are key. I want to be in the mix with everyone not tethered to the kitchen. Aside from that, if I have too much to do the day of, I’m bound to mess something up.
The one year I decided to do everything the same day so it would all be super fresh turned out to be a total bust. I woke up the birds, so there went half my mental game. Then there was all the prepping, cleaning in between, the actual cooking, mixing drinks, chatting, laughing—you know I tried to do it all.
Colossal mistake. Every dish that could be burnt was . . . well, burnt.
Never again. Now, I plan my menu weeks in advance and start prepping just as early. The key to a successful party—planning—do as much as you can ahead of time.
So here’s to a make-ahead dessert that your guest will love as much as you love getting it done in advance. Grab a spoon and make your self a classic Kahlua Martini to have with this.
Peppermint Tiramisu Trifles
Yield: Serves 8-10
- 1/2 cup hot brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons Kahlúa
- 2 8 oz containers mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 3 oz packages of Lady Fingers1 oz chocolate, shaved
- 1 oz Andes Peppermint Chips, finely chopped
- Stir together the espresso, granulated sugar and Kahlúa until well combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk together mascarpone, confectioners sugar and Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha until well combined. Gradually pour in the cream and whisk until soft peaks form. Mixture should soft and fluffy.
- Place Lady Fingers into bottom of glass and generously brush or pour espresso syrup. Spoon or pipe mascarpone mixture evenly on top. Finely grate chocolate over mascarpone and then sprinkle Peppermint Andes Chips on top. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients. Cover the trifles and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to 2 days.
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1 part Kahlua
- 1.5 parts Absolut vodka
- 1 part espresso
- Shake all ingredients with ice in a boston shaker. Fine strain into a chilled, stemmed martini glass.