Mixed Berry Dutch Baby

Raise your hand if you agree that the best meal of the day is breakfast. Yeah, it is. You can make it savory or sweet – like this Mixed Berry Dutch Baby that’s a pancake-like variation.

Mixed Berry Dutch Baby | Bakers Royale

And what other meal gets to have “fusion” distinction like brunch; and gets to play dinner more than 50% of the time in my home?

Mixed Berry Dutch Baby via Bakers Royale

For this version, I used blueberries and raspberries. I would have thrown in blackberries, but I was out of them. I had strawberries, but hit the jump here to Better Homes and Gardens’ blog Delish Dish to see why strawberries should avoided in this recipe (and most cake-like recipes).

Grateful Ad: Below Post BTF 728×90

Comments

1. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonShashi at RunninSrilankan says

Wow – your dutch baby is gorgeous! Yay for breakfast for dinner or lunch even?! :)

2. Avatar for Naomi Robinson says

You know what’s crazy? I am OBSESSED with pancakes, but I have yet to try a dutch baby!
    I know. But with all that berry goodness, My taste buds are telling me this is where to start! Pinned!

3. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonNami | Just One Cookbook says

I was waiting for this recipe since I saw it on your Instagram! Can’t wait to try this today!!

Nami+|+Just+One+Cookbook replied: — May 27th, 2015 @ 9:49 am

p.s. I think the link is missing… I’ll find it! :)

4. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonNicole Underwood says

Oh yum! I’m always looking for new things to cook in my cast iron skillet. I will def. try this one!

5. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonBrian // A Thought For Food says

I wasn’t always a breakfast fan, but I’ve grown to love it. This dutch baby looks fabulous. I have fond childhood memories of getting this at our local pancake restaurant.

6. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonLiz @ Floating Kitchen says

So pretty! I love making Dutch Babies because frankly, I hate being a short order cook on the weekends. Love all the summery fruits in here!