Think rice krispie treat, but made healthier by flipping it to a millet puff kripsie treat. And you want to know what’s great about these, aside from this being a one bowl, no-bake treat (yeah, one bowl and mix it all up)— you can go crazy mixing and matching for different flavor profiles. For this batch I went wholesome by combining NatureBox snacks with millet puffs, granola and dehydrated strawberries.
Look at those babies—you know you want some. But before we dive into the recipe, let me mention, of all the subscription offers I’ve been approached with lately, this is one of my favorites. NatureBox is a subscription service that allows you to easily discover healthy snacks on a monthly basis. You choose what snacks are included in your box and they deliver it to your door.
And hey, it’s even wholesome—no high fructose corn syrup, no partially hydrogenated oils, no trans fats, no artificial sweeteners, favors and colors—guilt free eating-woot! To get started check, hit the jump here and get snack-happy!
Now of course, you can and probably will snack on this straight from the bag most of the time, but you know me—I love getting my hands dirty in the kitchen.
That’s exactly what I did with half the goodies in my NatureBox. In fact, I had to hide the bag of Honey Macadamia Pretzel Pops from my boy and Matt, just so they wouldn’t polish it off before I could make this. Along with those, I also included their Roasted Kettle Korn and the other ingredients I listed in the beginning.
The result—looks like I’ll be cranking this out as part of our regular snack rotation. My boys loved it! It’s like a healthier version of a rice krispie square with a sweet and salty twist.
Now for the even better part, the people at NatureBox are offering a deep discount of 50% off the first box of any size (only $9.95! Valid only on 1st month’s box to new customers only) by using the code ROYALE when you check out.
And along with the discount, they are also offering a giveaway in which 2 winners will win a 6-month subscription to NatureBox. To enter the giveaway, click on the snack catalog (link here), browse through it, then come back and leave comment back on this post with the snack(s) you want to try.
Millet Puff Krispie Treats
Yield: Serves 10-12
- 2 cups millet puff
- 1 cup vanilla granola
- 1 cup NatureBox Honey Macadamia Pretzel Bites
- 1/2 cup NatureBox Roasted Kettle Kernel
- 1.2 oz freeze dried strawberries
- 1 10 ounce package large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
Preparation: Line a 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper, extending the paper over the edges of pan.
- Place marshmallows and butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 1-2 minutes until both are melted. Mix and combine all remaining ingredients in a separate bowl then incorporate it into the marshmallow mixture.
- Press mixture into parchment lined pan and let stand for 2 hours. Using the edges of the paper, lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars.
A few notes:
- The freeze-dried strawberries will soften as they rest in the bar. Do not substitute for fresh strawberries. You can however, swap out the freeze-dried strawberries for any dried fruits like apricots, mango, prunes and raisins. Keep in mind if you use dried fruit, it will soften the whole bar some from the added moisture. Freeze dried strawberries used in this recipe is from Trader Joes and can be purchased there or through Amazon here.
- The NatureBox Honey Macadamia Pretzel Bites can be purchased here.
- The NatureBox Roasted Kettle Kernel can be purchased here.