Boozy Bites Series: Jagerbomb Jelly Shots
Let’s mix-up the game day drinks with a game day Jell-o shot. Are you ready for some Jagerbombs? Yes? Well let’s stray from the traditional mug-gripping college affair and step it up with these Jagerbomb Jell-o shots for your game day drinks.
Yeah, this might be my all time favorite jello shot I’ve created. And even though Matt came up with the idea of a Jagerbomb jelly shot, I am taking full credit. See, every year we kick off football season with friends and I am traditionally expected to make a Jello-shot. This year, in the midst of complaining about my stalled brain, Matt blurted this out. I quickly snatched it up and got busy. Now it’s mine. Yes, I’m awful like that. Thank goodness I can turn out a good Jell-O shot so all is forgiven.
If not—have another, Babe. As for the rest of you, join me as I restart the annual Boozy Bites Series (expect more Jell-o Shots along with a few other small boozie bites until the Super Bowl). And remember, slurp and eat responsibly, these are called bombs for a reason.
A few notes:
- I made the shots using two forms (1) a mini cupcake pan and (2) these silicone cannelle molds here (side note: removing the shots from the cannelle molds was a bit tricky because of the deep wells). Alternately, the shots will work just as well poured into a loaf pan and cut into squares. To cut into squares, make sure to use a sharp knife and to lightly cover it with bake spray.
- I cut the Jagermeister with some cherry limeade because Jager straight is just too much for me. If cherry limeade is not available where you are, try straight limeade or any juice that suits your preference.
- Since the Jagermeister is 70 proof, you may find that a few will split from the beer bottom, and while you can add more gelatin to the Jager mixture to firm it up the texture will end up being more rubbery rather than soft and jelly like.
- These can be made two days in advance, anything beyond that and they start to shrink a bit.
- For more Jell-o shot recipes click here.
Jagerbomb Jelly Shots
- 1/2 cup Jagermeister
- 1 cup cherry limeade
- 1 envelope of plain gelatin + 2 envelopes of plain gelatin (divided use)
- 2 cups beer
- Stir and combine Jagermeister and cherry limeade. Pour half of mixture into a small saucepan and sprinkle 1 envelope of gelatin on top. Set aside for 1- 2 minutes for gelatin to bloom. Place pan over low heat stirring constantly until gelatin has dissolved (mixture will resemble syrup consistency), about 3-5 minutes. Stir in remaining 3/4 cup of mixture until combined. Pour into mold and chill for at least 30 minutes or until slightly set. In the meantime, open beer and pour into a shallow bowl to flatten some of the carbonation while the Jagermeister portion chills.
- Pour half of 1 cup of beer into a small saucepan and sprinkle 2 envelopes of gelatin on top. Set aside for 1- 2 minutes for gelatin to bloom. Place pan over low heat stirring constantly until gelatin has dissolved (mixture will resemble syrup consistency), about 3-5 minutes. Stir in remaining cup of beer until combined. Pour beer mixture over Jagermeister layer and chill for at least 3 hours or until set.
- To remove jelly shots, firmly press finger in the center until jelly shot pulls away from the side walls of mold. Then use an offset icing spatula, gently guide jelly shot out of mold.