Black and White Brownie Ice Cream Cake

Load this ice cream cake with your favorite brownie and you will have everyone in line waiting for seconds. To cut down on the prep time, I softened Dreyers ice cream and then layered the flavors into a loaf pan and filled the vanilla portion with some of these brownies that I froze from my last batch.

Black and White Brownie Ice Cream Cake

I should have made homemade chocolate and vanilla ice cream, but hate to admit it – I was tired. The idea for the this cake has been sitting in my freezer for a few weeks now. The brownies were originally slated to go with homemade ice cream, but I was just too lazy to force myself to stand over a stove stirring eggs and cream to a perfect custard state. So after the brownies kept falling out every time the freezer door opened, I decided Dreyers was going to save me from complete laziness.

If you eat store bought ice cream (which I bet most of us do), you can definitely eat this and will probably love it twice as much since it has twice the dessert, right?

I am keeping this post and the next few brief, I’m working on a huge project that’s quite exciting and quite nerve racking all in the same breath. I’m hoping to share it with you all very soon, but until then – I leave you with a dessert that is fast and easy to make.

No recipe, just a few notes:

• Choose any form or pan you prefer to create your cake. Line the pan with two to three layer of plastic wrap with a 3 inch over hang all the way around. Trust me you want at least 3 layers of plastic, since the plastic starts to tear when you pull out the ice cream cake.
  • Soften the ice cream to molding consistency. Spread first layer of chocolate onto bottom of pan. Spread a second layer of vanilla and press preferred brownies into layer. and place a second layer of vanilla on top. Finish with a final layer of chocolate.
  • Place fully assembled brownie ice cream cake into the freezer to set overnight.
  • When ready to serve, remove from freezer and press crushed Oreos onto sides.

31 Responses to “Black and White Brownie Ice Cream Cake”

Averie @ Averie Cooks — May 21, 2012 @ 5:42 am

Congrats and best wishes on your big project! Pour a drink and have a piece of this delish looking cake as much as possible :)

Migle — May 21, 2012 @ 6:15 am

This looks amazingly delicious so that there is no need to apologize for not using home-made ice cream! I would dig into without thinking! :)

Courtney @educatedderelicts — May 21, 2012 @ 6:28 am

Everyone needs a few easy desserts up their sleeve :) (and in their tummy’s). It looks delish!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — May 21, 2012 @ 12:25 pm

Can’t wait to hear about your project :) Even store bought ice cream tastes great. The brownie addition makes them extra special.

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — May 21, 2012 @ 12:55 pm

Oh. My. Goodness. LOVE this!

JulieD — May 21, 2012 @ 1:38 pm

Congrats again on the big project!!! I love this…and no need for apologies on store bought ice cream…come on. I’m tired of food bloggers having to apologize for the ingredients they are using. The food blogger police needs to get a life! xoxo

Lauren — May 21, 2012 @ 1:43 pm

Gorgeous!

sarah — May 21, 2012 @ 1:59 pm

oh my goodness, these photos are stunning. and I can’t wait to hear about your project!!!

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — May 21, 2012 @ 2:55 pm

I want this for breakfast, lunch and supper! Amen!

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — May 21, 2012 @ 3:37 pm

De-lightful! Who needs to swim this summer…. or lay out for that matter. ;)

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — May 21, 2012 @ 5:15 pm

This absolutely ROCKS! Your posts lift me up every day!!

marissa @ the boot — May 21, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

i love that it’s a method, not a recipe. one i MUST try, at that! so happy to have discovered your beautiful blog!

Kathy - Panini Happy — May 21, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

This looks terrific! I have a friend who always makes ice cream cakes for her kids’ birthdays and everyone loves them. My husband’s birthday is this weekend, I think I’ll make this for him!

Carolyn — May 21, 2012 @ 7:29 pm

You know, if I made low carb brownies, this would be easy to do. Because low carb ice cream is easy! Love it, it’s so gorgeous.

Catalina @ Cake with Love — May 21, 2012 @ 11:44 pm

wow this icecream is beautiful, and I am very happy that it involves brownies!

Lynna — May 22, 2012 @ 12:23 am

looks heavenly ♥ and oh-so beautiful pictures!!

Russell at Chasing Delicious — May 22, 2012 @ 12:39 am

The photos in this post are stunning! I love the use of all-white negative space not to mention the framing and composition and props. Gorgeous. Loving the cake too!

myfudo — May 22, 2012 @ 5:32 am

Terrific! Dreyers is one of my favorites too…Although I’d love to try this with homemade stuff, I think it will turn out just as good. Thanks for sharing such a magnificent treat! =)

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — May 22, 2012 @ 8:21 am

Love the way you’ve styled the first image!

Kulsum@journeykitchen — May 22, 2012 @ 9:28 am

You are absolutely a food stylist Naomi. That first image is amazing. So is this brownie ice cream cake!

Brian @ A Thought For Food — May 22, 2012 @ 11:45 am

I think I just gained an extra 200 lbs from reading your post, which, I should say, has the most lovely pictures. You make me want to devour every bite of this dessert. Fabulous, Naomi!

marla — May 22, 2012 @ 1:00 pm

You are just amazing! People will be lining up for seconds and thirds!

Jessica @ Portuguese Girl Cooks — May 22, 2012 @ 2:40 pm

Simply gorgeous!

Andrea — May 22, 2012 @ 3:45 pm

Love it. This makes an ice cream cake seem very un-intimidating. Thank you!

Ann P. — May 22, 2012 @ 10:20 pm

This was allllll over pinterest this morning, and I recognized your photos just from knowing your style over the past year or so of reading your blog. :) You certainly outdid yourself, this is the perfect dessert. SO YUMMY!

Amrita — May 23, 2012 @ 11:52 am

I am in love with you. Is that too weird a thing to say?

Oh well, you can’t blame me with stuff like this in your repertoire.

teri — May 23, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

You are the least laz person I know! Love your photography…it always makes me drool!
    Your Adoring Mother In Law
    Teri xxoo

Connie the Cookie Monster — May 27, 2012 @ 12:50 am

i know how you feel! as much as i love baking, when im tired you cant even get me to life a measuring spoon even if you paid me!

Darla | Bakingdom — May 31, 2012 @ 5:46 pm

You’re coming over with one of these soon, right? Like…today?? :) It’s so gorgeous, and I can only imagine how delicious it is!