Peppermint Chocolate Spoons and Hot Chocolate
Let’s get cozy with some hot chocolate and chocolate covered spoons that have a holiday sprinkle of crushed Hershey Peppermint Candy Kisses.
You guys know I’m crazy for peppermint. Every year around this time, Igo through this run of peppermint recipes so don’t be surprised that another one is coming this week.
And to be totally honest, the one coming later this week was actually suppose to go up today but bad luck prevents me. The images for that post are stuck on a memory card – forever. I’m not sure how I managed this, but one of the spines on the memory card broke and now I can’t get anything off it.
Since many of you don’t know me personally, let me tell you when I panic I curse. No filter, no volume control-nothing, it’s not attractive. Luckily it doesn’t last long, one sentence, four words and two expletives. But with this broken card, I’m sure my neighbors heard me shout in horror. I’m sorta screwed. I lost five for-hire projects which pushes me back even further in terms of making my other deadlines.
Ah well, one day at time as MIL always tells me.
Peppermint Chocolate Spoons
Yield: Makes 12 spoons
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 8 Hershey's peppermint candy
Hot Chocolate, Makes four 8 oz. servings
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa powder
- 1 quart milk
Line bake sheet with wax paper
- Place Hershey's Peppermint Candy in a food processor and pulse until finely crushed; set aside.
- Place dark chocolate a microwave safe bow and heat on low for ten seconds. Remove and stir. Return to microwave for another ten seconds. Remove and stir. Repeat as needed until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a plastic bag and cut a hole in the corner.
- Place white chocolate and shortening in microwave safe bowl and heat on low for ten seconds. Remove and stir. Return to microwave for another ten seconds. Remove and stir. Repeat as needed until chocolate is meltedTransfer to a plastic bag and cut a hole in the corner.
Place spoons on a bake sheet with the handle resting on the side of pan to keep the spoons level. Pip dark chocolate onto spoons (for an even top use a straight edge and level off chocolate). Drizzle white chocolate on top and sprinkle with crushed Hershey's Peppermint Candy.
Place all ingredients in a heavy bottom sauce pan over medium low heat and stir until chocolate is melted and all ingredients are well combined.