Help! Book Cover Polling

You guys, I’m so excited because, look below .  .  . those are the two options for my book cover. Yes, it’s finally here, the book is so close to being done. I just need to finalize the cover. Which one do you love: left or right? Which one makes you want to turn the pages? Or maybe it’s neither. Either way I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Book Cover Options

EEEEP! I can’t believe we are finally so close to having the book hit the printers. As you know, this has been a two year labor of love. OMG – I feel like life can get back to being being semi-normal. It’s been an all-consuming passion that has taken up almost every minute of my time.

BakersRoyale-COVER 1

BakersRoyale cover 2

I’m so pumped to share all these recipes with you. Stay tuned, because I’ll have pre-order information coming shortly. But for now, I need  you to weigh in and tell me which one you like? I can’t decide and I need to let the book designer know. I’m not going to share my thoughts until after I get some consensus, so I really need your input to see which one resonates with you and why!

Grateful Ad: Below Post BTF 728×90

Comments

1. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonLiz S. says

I prefer the first photo/option. As much as everyone loves chocolate cake, it’s too “basic” to make a book cover really say, “Buy me now!” – know what I mean? The cake in the first photo is more unique and definitely more eye-catching for that first impression book look/cover :)

2. Avatar for Naomi Robinsoncarrie says

The one on the right… It will show much better in the small size that Amazon shows and it’s preview…
    The one on the left is too light colored…Unless you are doing print-only and then it doesn’t matter

3. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonKankana says

I can’t wait to read your book! As for the cover, girl.. your photos are just too stunning to pick a favourite. But out the two if I absolutely have to pick one, then I will go with the right. Only because it’s chocolate and that drizzle makes me wanna grab a bite right away.

4. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonAnn says

I’d go for the chocolate bundt, also because it will display well — be readily identifiable — in both a full size and in the thumbnail size.

5. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonFoodie says

I would definitely go with chocolate bundt. It’s have better composition and because of contrast it would be more eye catching on shelves at bookstore :)

Good luck! :)

6. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonSaurs says

Please excuse me for identifying Liz S as Lisa. This is what happens when comments can’t be previewed! 😀

7. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonAmanda says

The one on the left because of the stack of plates in the background. Shows that these recipes are for sharing with and feeding the people around you! And the light pastel colors throughout are more warm to me than the big chocolate bundt. The one on the right – as someone who doesn’t own a bundt pan yet (in my early 30s) and has no plans in buying one soon because of space – the left one seems more approachable.

8. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonDeb says

The naked cake – bright, clean. I’d buy the book on looks alone. I have too many chocolate books already. “75 Twists” – yes on the blackberry Orchid cake! :-)

9. Avatar for Naomi Robinsonlisa says

I prefer the one on top, the “naked”cake; it’a a little different than a traditional chocolate cake. Good luck!

10. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonAmy Murillo says

The colors on the cover of the cake on the left definitely draw me in more. Congratulations on your amazing accomplishment!

11. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonMary Kay says

Definitely the blackberry naked cake photo on the left……but I do like the circle around “75 twists” lines on 2nd photo

12. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonAnna says

I love the left option, the naked cake looks so unique and bright, as others have said, I would buy the book for the cover alone. Both photos are beautiful but Im over chocolate cake, personally. If I saw that on the cover, I probably wouldn’t pick it up.

13. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonFran E. says

I agree with the majority in giving my vote to the first cover photo. Color and creativity, along with presentation, would make me want to explore inner pages. While I love chocolate bundt cakes, it would be better received from within.

14. Avatar for Naomi Robinsonaafke says

the naked cake looks more modern and summery, number two is beautiful and would be perfect for a winter or christmas edition. Lots of succes to you !

15. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonMarisa says

I would definitely go with the naked cake, especially if the release date is fairly soon . The chocolate cake seems more appropriate for a FALL release date. Having said that….they are both gorgeous and congratulations!

16. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonMichael-Ann says

While both look devine, I vote for the naked cake (left side). It’s new and fresh, shows that your book will have something the baker/reader might not already have made in some form.

17. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonAmanda says

I think it depends on your target audience. If you’re marketing to people who make fancy cakes and aren’t intimidated by it, go with the first picture. If you want it to be for “everyone”, go with the second. I have to say, I like the chocolate one because it’s in a twist pattern and it’s a fun play on the words on the cover. Also, as a baking novice I have to admit that the first picture would put me off buying the book. Fair or not, it conveys to me that the cakes would be hard to make. The second one looks beautiful but easy, and so would encourage me to pick it up. I also find the first picture a little busy and distracting – the second one looks neat and clean.

18. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonBenedicte Smith-Hald says

I prefer the chocolate cake as I find it esthetically more pleasing :-) And besides ….who doesn’t love chocolate and let themselves be tempted!?Good luck

19. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonFrancisca says

Hi, I really love the cover that has the bundt! That is the one cover that would lead me to buy the book, to want to see the next page!
    But anyway good luck! =) And great work!

20. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonJoan says

I prefer the right visually, the contrast is stronger to my eye. The colors of the left are a bit pale in comparison. (but both are beautiful and many congrats on launching your book!)

21. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonTori//Gringalicious.com says

Omg, omg, omg!!!!!! I’m so excited about your cookbook and I love both covers. I’d almost always go for berries as my answer but, really, chocolate trumps. The left one I think!

22. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonNancy says

While both cakes look very delicious…the first on the left draws me in with the fresh take on a cake and the color accents within the cake

23. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonEv Thomas says

Definitely the LEFT one. The image is so different, interesting and creative and the colors are too beautiful. A definite WOW I HAVE TO HAVE THAT BOOK cover. So exciting for you.

24. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonTristen says

I’d be more inclined, personally, to purchase the book with the LEFT cover. It’s gorgeous and different and definitely draws me more to the cover than the photo of the bundt cake.

25. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonLaurie says

The cover on the left jumps off the shelf for me. It makes me think there are new ideas in it. (you won’t go wrong with either I am sure)

26. Avatar for Naomi RobinsonGina @ Running to the Kitchen says

I seriously love both but the drizzle on the chocolate cake on the right is calling my name!