Strawberry Fruit Cups ~ Fruit filled strawberry cups for your Labor Day picnic or BBQ.
I know seriously, what is with me and fruit? Matt keeps saying it all looks nice, but doesn’t it all taste the same?
Hmmm . . . I say pretty food makes everything better? Although I don’t know if this is so much pretty, as it is fun and unique. Since my friends got such a kick out of them, I thought I would share these fun little Strawberry Fruit Cups.
Besides, I have this thing about saving fruit salad from the depths of a boring glass bowl. Why? I’m not really sure other than, like Cole, my 3-year-old son, we love to play with food, especially fruit.
No recipe, just a few notes:
- Use the largest strawberries you can find.
- Your filling, your preference. My fruit cups have chopped cherries, nectarines and a very interesting (and very good) fruit hybrid called a Mango Nectarine.
- Hull your strawberries, then use a grapefruit knife and carve a hole in the center, then fill it with your preferred fruit.
- Cut the bottoms flat to stand your Strawberry Fruit Cups upright.
- A few other fun fruit presentation ideas you may like, include my Fruit Pops and Fruit Salad Ice Cream Cone.