I should warn this is basically Fluffernutter on steroids, so aside from melting marshmallows and folding in some peanut butter, I also threw in chopped up Nutter Butter, chopped up Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and mini marshmallows. It’s like peanut butter fudge meets a Fluffernutter.
This past weekend was madness for us. I came from work on Friday night and Matt stopped me before I could come in to tell me some heartbreaking and painful news that’s too difficult to share until we can resolve it. So being the weekend and without any resources to handle what has come our way I baked through the night for some calming therapy.
Thank goodness for baking and blogging to calm my racing mind while I wait for Monday to come. I’m hoping what seems catastrophic and devasting now will give way to professional reassurance that everything will be fine.
Cole has no idea what is going on, but I still wanted to give him a little piece of sweet happiness, so I made these bars for him since he absolutely loves Fluffernutter. Oddly, he did not initially like them. He said they were too big to eat – makes sense for his little mouth, so I sliced them into little matchstick-size bars and he loved them.
A few notes:
- To shortcut the hands on time and avoid chopping up the regular size Reese’s cups, use mini Reese’s cups.
- The Fluffernutter Bars can be prepared a day in advance and will keep for up to 2 days once made.
Makes 8×8 pan | Preparation: Line pan with a foil sling and cover with bake spray.
- 10 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies, chopped
- 10 Reese’s cups (regular size), chopped
- 3 cups mini marshmallows, divided use
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz. Reeses Peanut Butter chips
- Place chopped Nutter Butter sandwich cookies, Reeses Peanut Butter cups and 1 ¼ cups of mini marshmallows in a bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Place remaining 1 ¾ cups of marshmallows in a pan over low heat and stir until melted. Add in butter and stir to combine. Add in Reeses Peanut Butter chips and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Pour warm marshmallow mixture over chopped Nutter Butter and Reeses Peanut mixture. Fold to combine and pour into prepared pan. Using an offset spatula spread top to an even finish. Chill in refrigerator for about one-half to two hours or until bars set. Once set remove from refrigerator and cut to desired size.