Fun Fruit Ideas and Recipes for a Picnic

Fun Fruit Desserts for a Picnic ~ These fruit presentation ideas are sure to be  hit at any picnic. Easy to assemble and completely Earth friendly you can feel good that everything but the popsicle stick is edible—that is unless you are a reincarnation of my childhood dog who actually ate one.

Fruit Desserts for a Picnic

Fruit Desserts for a Picnic

Clockwise: 1. Fruit Salad in Ice Cream Cones 2. Nectarine Tart 3. Fruit Pops 4. Creme Filled Strawberries

This post is a round-up of some previous posts I did last spring and summer. I actually made some Mixed Berry Mini Pies as my contribution  for the Earth Day Virtual Picnic that me and several other bloggers are participating in today, but they were an epic failure. I mean EPIC.

Out of time and still wanting to contribute, I thought I would round-up some easy to assemble fruit desserts that are fun and delicious . .and psst, these can so totally pull double duty for your Easter picnic as well.

I know, I know, I’m cramming it all in here, but hey, I’ve been buried at work and at home so baking and blogging had to take last priority. Sorry.

Enjoy! And don’t forget to see what these other fabulous bloggers made for the Earth Day Virtual Picnic.

Simple Bites | Pressed Sandwiches
My Baking Addiction | Mixed Berry Cheesecakes in a Jar
Bluebonnets & Brownies | Nanny’s Potato Salad
Gourmande in the Kitchen | Honey Ginger Lemonade
Dine & Dish | Sangria
Add A Pinch | Herbed Tortellini Salad
Bakers Royale | Fruit Recipe Roundup
Three Many Cooks | Black and White Caviar
Food for My Family | Homemade Potato Chips and Avocado Ranch Dip
Sugarcrafter |Apple Hand Pies
Tickled Red | Tangy Potato Salad
What’s Cooking with Kids | Kale Chips
Confessions of a Cookbook Queen | Mini Lemonade Cakes
TidyMom | Picnic Pies in a Jar

24 Responses to “Fun Fruit Ideas and Recipes for a Picnic”

TidyMom — April 22, 2011 @ 12:29 pm

It’s not a picnic with out the fruit Naomi!! LOVE these ideas!!

Happy Earth day!……wishing we could picnic together for real today!!

Tickled Red — April 22, 2011 @ 1:04 pm

At least you remembered the fruit darlin’,I forgot mine. Love, love all of the delicious options!! Now get on down to the beach :)

Blog is the New Black — April 22, 2011 @ 1:34 pm

Love all these ideas!

Robyn | Add a Pinch — April 22, 2011 @ 2:46 pm

I love, love, love all of these ideas! So beautiful!

Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies — April 22, 2011 @ 3:28 pm

Oh man, fruit salad in ice cream cones – that’s genius!!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — April 22, 2011 @ 4:20 pm

I’m not sure which of the pictures you posted I love more – I keep going back to stare at them!

Maris (In Good Taste) — April 22, 2011 @ 7:30 pm

I love the strawberry picture!

Wenderly — April 22, 2011 @ 8:02 pm

LOVE those ice cream cones filled with fruit!

Tracy — April 22, 2011 @ 8:06 pm

Love all of these fruit ideas! I can never have enough fruit at a picnic!

Kristen — April 22, 2011 @ 9:51 pm

Really great ideas, Naomi!

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — April 23, 2011 @ 1:05 am

Lovely round up of ideas Naomi. I think kids would love the fruit salad in an ice cream cone.

Aimee @ Simple Bites — April 23, 2011 @ 11:37 am

You remembered the fruit! Yay. =) Thanks for picnicking with us and contributing your cute fruit ideas. Happy Earth Day!

Jamie | My Baking Addiction — April 23, 2011 @ 1:14 pm

Lovely recipes…I am still smitten with those Fruit Flower Pops!

marla {family fresh cooking} — April 23, 2011 @ 1:46 pm

Nicole, these fruity desserts are beautiful & I love that there is no wasted wrappers. Perfect for Earth Day & any day :)

Ruchi — April 23, 2011 @ 8:22 pm

Those are some fun eco-fruity ideas! Love your beautiful pictures. Please do check out our Earth day fare at http://tadkapasta.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/an-earthy-eat-in/

Brian @ A Thought For Food — April 24, 2011 @ 11:21 pm

A beautiful round up! All of these are so creative!

bridget {bake at 350} — April 26, 2011 @ 1:16 am

Oh wow….these are GORGEOUS!!!

Tamanna — July 18, 2011 @ 7:08 pm

thank you for such a wonderful inspiration. i just felt like a lightbulb lit in my head on how to feed my toddler more fruits ! looks beautiful

forever living products aloe vera — May 2, 2013 @ 2:14 pm

Thank you for every other great article. The place else could anyone get that kind of info in such an ideal means
    of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am at the look for such information.

Mamie — May 13, 2013 @ 2:46 am

Very good information. Lucky me I discovered your
    website by accident (stumbleupon). I’ve book-marked it for later!

Kasey Lovingood — June 7, 2013 @ 1:18 am

Aloe vera is a succulent plant species that probably native plant originated in northern Africa. The species does not have any naturally occurring populations, although closely related aloes do occur in northern Africa.

http://www.scrummyicecream.com/ — August 2, 2013 @ 1:11 am

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed
    reading it, you can be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog
    and will eventually come back down the road. I want to encourage you
    to continue your great work, have a nice weekend!

exercise for weight loss — August 3, 2013 @ 10:50 pm

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog?
    My website is in the exact same area of interest as yours and
    my visitors would really benefit from a lot of the information you present here.
    Please let me know if this ok with you. Cheers!

easy cupcake recipe — August 5, 2013 @ 12:02 am