I’ve done it. I’ve finally succumbed to wearing one of those baby slings. With that I’m cheering myself up with copious amounts of sprinkles with these Dulce de Leche Cupcakes.
Now, I get it, lots of women wear these things, but for me—I’ve always had such an aversion to them. No need to discuss my non-sensical reasons.
So while I’m now sporting one of these man-made kangaroo pouches, I will only do so when shooting. It’s just impossible to style and shoot with one arm—forget wearing it any other time. I’d rather be a one-arm wife, mother, baker and task-master.
Hit the jump here for the full recipe to these Dulce de Leche Cupcakes.
Dulce De Leche Cupcakes
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Recipe from Better Homes and Garden
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 8-oz container Breakstone's sour cream
- 4 oz Mexican chocolate (like Ibarra or Abuelita) (1 disc plus 2 triangles)
Dulce De Leche Frosting
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 1 can of Nestles Dulce De Leche
- sifted powdered sugar