Weekend refresher: Clementine Cooler ~ A subtly sweet & sour vodka chill with Clementine tangerines and club soda.
I don’t know how else to say this, but it’s hot, freak’n hot and I’m a wimp in the heat. Not only does it make me lazy, but it turns baking into a roasting event for our tiny home. So while baked goods may rise to heavenly heights, it turns my boys into cranky little beings. With that, I decided to give them a break from basting in their own sweat and decided to post a summer cocktail for your weekend enjoyment.
This is a refreshing cocktail that doesn’t require any expensive mixes and comes together quickly and easily. If vodka is not your thing try gin or light rum. Same thing with the fruit portion, if Clementines aren’t in season for your area, switch it to a fruit that is. And don’t worry about sticking too closely to the recipe, many cocktails like this one are highly adaptable and can be tweaked to suit your taste.
Sip and enjoy!
FYI – This also concludes the week of no-bake recipes. See you in a day for some cakes, cookies and cupcakes!
- 4 oz vodka
- ½ cup simple syrup (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup Clementine juice (fresh squeezed and strained)
- 1 ½ club soda
- Sliced Clementines and cucumbers
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
1. Shake vodka, simple syrup and Clementine juice in a shaker filled with ice. Pour mixture into an ice filled glass and top off with club soda. Finish with Clementine and cucumber slices for garnishing.
2. Place sugar and water in a saucepan over medium high heat, heat and stir until sugar is completely dissolved; let cool.