I’m on a bar-making kick lately. Here’s another one for you guys this week: Caramel & Pecan Chocolita Bars. I so wish these were my very own recipe.
But they’re not. What they are—one of the best d@mn bars, ev-vah!
Want to know why? Yes, of course you do, here you go: think oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, stuffed with caramel and rippled with toasted pecans.
Hit the jump here to Better Homes and Gardens, Delish Dish blog, for tips for success and suggestions to make this your own.
Caramel & Pecan Chocolita Bars
Yield: Makes one 9x13x2 pan
Original recipe source here.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups old fashion oats (the original recipe uses quick-cooking rolled oats)
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 14 ounce package vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup milk chocolate pieces
- 2 cups pecans, chopped (original recipe uses 1 cup)
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Grease foil; set aside (or use parchment paper to avoid this step).
- For the remainder of the instructions click here.